Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

newbie to this group (my intro) :)

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:51 AM
  • 2 Replies
Hi ladies! My name is Jenny and I've joined this group because I need to lose weight. Although I've always been a big girl, recently I am very depressed about my size and feel very uncomfortable in my own skin. I've downloaded my fitness pal and have added friends on fb to join me on there and will be staying to track tomorrow.
Since tomorrow is day 1 I also plan to take my before picture and if I'm feeling brave lol I'll add it in the morning.
Plan is just to eat healthier, fruits and veggies, lots of water, low carbs, healthy proteins, no sugar and try to exercise. I know my biggest hurdle will be soda. I love it! And I'll need to force myself to exercise bc I feel like I'm just so over weight and our of shape that it'll be difficult to be active but I'm gonna try :)

Amy suggestions or yummy healthy recipes I'm happy to have :) thanks ladies :)
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 28, 2014 at 6:41 AM

Hi Jenny!   Welcome to the group!

Low carb works great IF you're eating enough healthy fats for fuel.  Otherwise you'll feel pretty sick and have no energy and fall back into old habits very quickly.  Healthy fats come from coconut oil, avocados, nuts, fatty fish, and olives/olive oil.  You may feel a bit ill during the first week anyway as your body switches over from burning carbs for fuel to burning fat for fuel...that's normal and will disappear in a few days.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:28 AM
Welcome and good luck!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN