One factor one the road to successful weight loss is to constantly keep moving.
Cardiovascular exercise is the key to this. Simply stated, cardio just means that you are involved in an activity that gets your heart rate up to a working level.
Here is why cardio is important to your fitness and health
- Burns calories, helping you to lose weight
- Strengthens your heart so it doesn't have to work so hard to pump blood
- Increases lung capacity
- Helps to reduce stress
- Helps to reduce the risk of heart attack, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes
Whatever your lifestyle or circumstance, there is a cardio workout for you.
- If you have a gym membership, you can take advantage of all the cardio machines and classes available.
- If you workout at home, you can jump rope, do jumping jacks, run up and down the stairs, dance in your living room or do a cardio fitness DVD.
- If you prefer the outdoors, you can walk, run, swim, bike, hike, or go climbing. The possibilities are endless.
cleaning and chores can also be a really good form of cardio. Scrubbing
pots and pans, cutting the grass with a push mower, sweeping the
floors, squating down as you remove each piece of laundry individually
from the dryer are all forms of cardio exercise. Get creative and turn
your chores into a workout.
If you aren't already doing so, you should incorporate cardio into your daily routine.
- Any movement can be a cardio workout as long as there is enough intensity to it.
- You should do AT LEAST 30-40 minutes of cardio a day as part of your fitness routine.
How often and for how long do you do cardio exercise?
What types of cardio exercise do you do?