Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Can you out exercise a bad diet?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 9:57 PM
  • 35 Replies

I don't think that you can.  I've seen people run like crazy, hit the gym, really get their sweat on, but then they eat like crap and they never lose weight.

What about you?  Do you eat whatever you want, exercise, and maintain good muscle tone?

Just curious!

by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:00 PM
5 moms liked this

No, if you are trying to LOSE weight, you cannot out-exercise a piss poor diet. My husband and I are arguing about this, right now, as I type this.

livndaybyday
by Alicia on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:54 PM
2 moms liked this
No. Eventually poor eating will wreck havoc on your internal organs, leading to heart disease, diabetes, kidney disease, intestinal problems, etc.
mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Us, too! I just walked out of the room from this "discussion".

He says he can lose weight at the gym and still eat "his" way...if he was home more I could help him but since he's on the road and refuses to try, he's not going to have much luck. He'll do almost anything to not have to admit I'm right.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

No, if you are trying to LOSE weight, you cannot out-exercise a piss poor diet. My husband and I are arguing about this, right now, as I type this.

victoriaherring
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
This. It's about more than just weight.

Quoting livndaybyday: No. Eventually poor eating will wreck havoc on your internal organs, leading to heart disease, diabetes, kidney disease, intestinal problems, etc.
Monsita
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:17 AM
1 mom liked this

It is about balance!!treadmillbarbecuing

Sara-1989
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm a nutritionist and the answer is no.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, 30 years ago I did.  I had peanut butter milkshakes, burgers & fries, soda, pizza, typical teen food.  I exercised constantly and went from 170 pounds to 120 pounds over the summer with plenty of muscle tone.  BUT, it wasn't healthy for the long term and I couldn't keep it up forever. 

LillysMom12
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Negative. You can't out train a bad diet...
cherylw993
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:35 AM
1 mom liked this

when I was younger I did, but my diet wasn't that bad, I just ate everything in sight. Now that I am older no, it doesn't work.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:02 AM
2 moms liked this

My husband went to the gym twice yesterday, for an hour each time, and was all proud of himself....then proceeded to come home and drink 6 beers and eat a huge bowl of ice cream after dinner. I shook my head and rolled my eyes, because yesterday all I heard from him was how he was going to get on board tomorrow, and there would be no more beer or desserts, because he was "so serious" about losing weight.

Quoting mybratsmom: Us, too! I just walked out of the room from this "discussion". He says he can lose weight at the gym and still eat "his" way...if he was home more I could help him but since he's on the road and refuses to try, he's not going to have much luck. He'll do almost anything to not have to admit I'm right.
Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN