Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Start Your Day the Right Way!

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:03 AM
  • 49 Replies

A healthy breakfast is the energy fuel you need to start your day the right way.
After sleeping all night and going without food, your energy reserves are low and need to be replenished. Do not fall into the trap of saving calories by skipping breakfast.

By eating breakfast, your blood sugar rises and your metabolism is recharged.

The benefits of a healthy breakfast include:

• Provides necessary nutrients to kick start the day

• Regular breakfast promotes healthier body weight.

• Daily breakfast regulates appetite, reduces snack cravings

• Reduces chances of overeating during the day

• Helps stabilize hormones and blood sugar levels

• Reduces fatigue and sleepy feeling mid-morning

• Spurt in energy levels, positive attitude.

• Improves concentration, boosts brain power

• Helps in weight maintenance efforts

• Increases alertness

• Improves overall health and well-being

Do you eat breakfast on a daily basis?

If not, why not?

What does your typical breakfast look like? Does it keep you fueled throughout the morning?

Share your healthy breakfast recipes!

out of bed

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TurboMom81
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:15 AM
Everyday I eat the same thing for breakfast. 1 egg, 3 egg whites, and two slices of turkey bacon.

Gets me through my workout and sustains me till my next meal.
kickstandkendra
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:35 AM
I eat breakfast every day. Sometimes it's an omelette, sometimes it's toast, sometimes it's last nights leftovers. It usually doesn't sustain me until lunch, but I usually have a small snack in between.
delmobaby
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:44 AM
I eat breakfest every day. Most days it's either oatmeal and fruit or 2 eggs turkey bacon and a slice of whole grain toast no butter. Occasionally I might have a bowl of some organic cereal if I'm in a hurry and don't have time to cook.
Brandyns87
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:53 AM

I don't eat breakfast. I'm not hungry in the mornings. I usually just have coffee in the morning.

Mommy_Natural
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:54 AM
I always eat breakfast. I have a banana every morning and a piece of Ezekial toast with almond butter. If I'm in a rush sometimes I'll grab a protein bar.
tampatha01
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I never used to eat breakfast but I have slowly changed that.  Now it's at the point where if I have left breakfast too long, I get nauseated and need to eat right away. Breakfast varies for me, sometimes its an egg and cheese sandwich, other times some toast,  or maybe yogurt and granola.  Depends on what I am in the mood for that day.  It usually gets me thru to my first snack of the day.

Moms_Angels1960
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:58 AM

I eat breakfast every day it is the most important meal of the day.

I also add a protein to whatever I am eating.

Eggs, toast, almond milk and strawberries is a typical breakfast.

I also do Cream of wheat, Almond milk and raisins

I will do just toast, peanut butter and almond milk and some fruit 1/2 of a banana.

I have learned to eat like this to keep my blood sugars regulated. It gets me to snack time then.

ashthecat
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:00 AM

I never used to eat breakfast. Since I've been on my weight loss journey. I've begun eating it on most days. Today I'm having a smoothie with kiwi, berries, spinach, chia seeds, coconut water, and spinach. 

Wantz
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Not every day, but if I do it is usually cereal and milk, because that's all I can afford.

ltlwlkr3
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I have been working hard on getting breakfast on a regular basis.  I started with doing some smoothies every morning and now am having either oatmeal or using my juicer and having a glass of juice in the morning. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)