Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Atkins or South Beach?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:29 PM
  • 5 Replies
Have any of you ladies tried Atkins or South Beach? I would like to know your experience while on these diets. How much weight did you lose? Did you think about and crave starchy foods?
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
livndaybyday
by Alicia on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:55 PM
I'm on Atkins now and love it! I did it in my 20s and lost 60 lbs. I've since had 3 kids and need to lose the years of baby weight that I've neglected. I'm down 23.5 lbs since June 1st and have 54 left. The first couple days without refined sugar and carbs were rough, but after that I have zero cravings any more and honestly the idea of eating the crap I used to eat sickens me! Most of my carbs are from vegetables and a little bit of fruit (mainly berries).
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Hubby and I tried Atkins- about 3 days in, we quit.  I could not deal without pasta and meat and cheese is expensive!

I have heard good thigs about South Beach- but not sure what's okay to eat on it. I never tried it

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:09 PM

I did SB for about 6 weeks.  I LOVED Phase 1, did GREAT on it once I got past the cravings for starches.  My problem started when I began Phase 2.  A body in ketosis doesn't do well when increasing carb intake.  I started to feel sick again.

I picked up paleo eating & lifestyle (VERY much like Phase 1 of SB) over three years ago.  I've been eating like that since and I love how I feel!

Oh....lost 12 pounds on SB before I regained it after starting Phase 2.  Have lost 30 lb. and kept it off with ease on Paleo.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:04 PM

The induction period (Phase 1) is the same for both programs. Atkins is the only thing that helped me lose 20 pounds of excess baby weight. It's not easy. You will want to quit, many times, and especially days 3-5, but if you really want to do it, it's totally doable. I'm living proof.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:37 AM

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)