Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What are your goals for August?

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:38 AM
  • 53 Replies

It's August 1 - what are your goals this month?  

by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't believe the summer is almost over...time just flies!  I'm aiming to lose 5 pounds in August and get back into some sort of workout routine.

cc5112
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 6:42 AM

My goal is to maintain my workout routine in the morning, even when DH is off. For the psat month, I've delayed my workout til noon or even later when he's off and I know I don't give it my all at that time. 

We are going on vacation in September so I want to overcome the distraction of feeling like I can put off my workout til later in the day. Otherwise, on vacation, I'll either end up injuring myself or not doing anything. 

It's hard to get a routine down when you start working outside the home. I hope you achieve if not surpass your goal! :)

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Aug. 1, 2014 at 7:10 AM

I have A LOT going on this month. It is going to be super chaotic. I'm taking 14 hours this semester, in addition to working full time. School and soccer start this month, so my daughter will have practice twice a week and games every Saturday. This is going to be a lot to juggle. My goal is to get organized, in every aspect of my life, so that I can still have my 45 minutes a day to myself to work out , and more importantly, to be able to focus during that time so I can keep proper form and not get hurt.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:03 AM

August-  Want to get back to at least SOME zumba. I have not gone since I moved :(
(other than one class I took when I went back for my daughters wedding)

stick to my calories, do some weights

*I've been kinda slacking since the move- not BAD...but not been good either.  So, basically, get back with the program in August :)

I have not been on a scale in almost a month- not going to until end of August or Sept. 1st. I just want to be back to mid 150's at that point.  *undo whatever damage between now and then that I've done the last month or so

alice_by_tinkacherri-1.gif alicesiggy picture by charlotsomtimes

lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Stop overeating! I've done terrible this summer. I'm too afraid to even step on the scale.

Meal plan! I've also been a terrible meal planner. School starts soon, though, and I typically do better when we're all back on a schedule.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Natural
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:29 PM
I have the same goals! I also go back to work August 12th so I hope I don't use that as an excuse to not work out.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I can't believe the summer is almost over...time just flies!  I'm aiming to lose 5 pounds in August and get back into some sort of workout routine.

Reese2010727
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Stay motivated in regards to eating right & exercising

livndaybyday
by Alicia on Aug. 1, 2014 at 6:08 PM
I want to lose 4 lbs and be finally under the 200lb mark!
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:20 PM
To start training for a half marathon
gracie0221
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:32 PM

My goal is to be 50lbs down by Aug 28th(my 6 month goal) I'm down 35lbs. not sure I can do it, but I am going to try!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN