Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How do I deal with THIS?

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:56 AM
  • 18 Replies

STRESS!

I've gained 10 pounds back in the past month, mostly in my butt and upper thighs.  Lower legs, arms, face, chest and abs are the same.  Nothing's changed with my diet, I still exercise as much as before.  The only thing I can think of is that my personal life stress has increased with my oldest DS surprising us with a wedding in October, little to no rest (I sleep 5 to 6 hours a night), and in my marital relationship.  I think yesterday is the only day I had little stress going on.  The weight gain HAS to be from that, but how do I combat it short of taking tranquilizers?

by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Xanex

:-)

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:02 AM

LOL  I don't think my doctor would go along...I already take clonazepam for panic disorder due to a TBI when I was 12.  I'd be a zombie!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Xanex

:-)

healthymom46
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I take tryptophan or melatonin by Now Foods which help greatly. Have you heard of them? they're natural and gluten, yeast wheat, soy and dairy free. I don't know your age but could it be part of the pre-menopause symptoms?

I'm 47 and have been going through pre-menopause symptoms for the past 7 yrs now which include sleep disturbances and some weight gain also 10lbs. Although I do eat healthy and haven't changed my diet I do believe it's the pre-menopause symptoms I'm suffering with. I just ordered some black cohosh in hopes to help balance my hormones and mood swings. 

Hope you find what will work best for you :)

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 3, 2014 at 1:25 PM

I'm 48, used to have PMS but no longer.  I do have melatonin...may try that although sleeping isn't my problem...the problem is that my family likes to stay up late and I get up early for work.  They're not very considerate.

Quoting healthymom46:

I take tryptophan or melatonin by Now Foods which help greatly. Have you heard of them? they're natural and gluten, yeast wheat, soy and dairy free. I don't know your age but could it be part of the pre-menopause symptoms?

I'm 47 and have been going through pre-menopause symptoms for the past 7 yrs now which include sleep disturbances and some weight gain also 10lbs. Although I do eat healthy and haven't changed my diet I do believe it's the pre-menopause symptoms I'm suffering with. I just ordered some black cohosh in hopes to help balance my hormones and mood swings. 

Hope you find what will work best for you :)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 3, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Hugs mama!  Is there anything that can "give" in your life right now?  Do you have any "me" time that you can use to rest your eyes and just relax?  Do you get a lunch break at work?  Are you able to go to bed any earlier?

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 3, 2014 at 1:45 PM

only if I give my family up.  LOL

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Hugs mama!  Is there anything that can "give" in your life right now?  Do you have any "me" time that you can use to rest your eyes and just relax?  Do you get a lunch break at work?  Are you able to go to bed any earlier?

MunchiesMom324
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Have you looked into natural sedatives or relaxers? Valerian root is thought to be a "natural alternative to xanex" - in smaller doses controls anxiety and calms you during stressful situations and in larger amounts acts as a sedative.  

Lebowski98
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Yuck...so sorry.  So if no on the xanax, then I'm going with wine!

PinkButterfly66
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Relora (herbal combo) will help lower the excess cortisol caused by stress. You can get relora from health food store.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:25 PM

LOL!  Not an option:)  Hugs!

Quoting michiganmom116:

only if I give my family up.  LOL

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN