Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What's your favorite??

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:02 AM
  • 9 Replies
Looking for ideas of things to eat, so I'm curious, what's your favorite healthy meal and/or snack? If you have a recipe please include it! Thanks
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
emtgirl885
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:50 PM

I like to make salads, grilled chicken, plain yogurt with fruit, scrambled eggs/hardboiled eggs, bean burritos

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 4, 2014 at 4:43 AM

I like apples and peanut butter:)

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:17 AM

eggs, hard cheese, nuts, roasted veggies, taco salad, grilled steak & salad, spicy roast chicken & steamed broccoli

ZJFANF22710
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:25 PM
Thanks for the replies!
TheLadyCash
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Supper tonight:

Chicken breasts in the crock pot with 1 jar of salsa, garlic, herbs, a can of kidney beans.

Cook on high about 5 hours or til done. About an hour before it's done, add half a packet of au jus gravy mix, or your own recipe. I also threw in a good handful of fresh greens/spinach about 10 min before serving over brown rice. Top with a bit of low fat cheese and YUM!

kcangel63
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Smoothies - fruit, yogurt, vanilla almond milk, and a banana in a blender - if you do a frozen banana and fruit it comes out like ice cream.

kcangel63
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Pita chips and hummus

Salad

Dried fruit & Nuts

Boiled Eggs

Grilled chicken

Baked potatoes

Roasted vegetables

jlfought
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Chicken Adobe and Rice( Filipino dish)

1.5 lbs boneless chicken thighs( breasts work find too) cut into 1"-2" chunks

1/4 soy sauce

1/4 water

1/4 white vinegar

clove garlic, minced

salt and pepper

1 bay leaf

Brown rice cooked ( we make 5-10 cups prepared for our family of 7 but we also eat 2-3 helping each!)

1.Start your brown rice 1 hour before you start your chicken( brown rice takes 1 1/2-2 hours to cook).  

2.Throw chicken and all other ingredients in a deep pan, cover and turn on low for 45 minutes.  Remove bayleaf when finished. That's it.

3.Serve over rice. You will eat more rice with each bite than chicken( stronger flavor).  And you take a little of the juice from the chicken and drizzle over your rice too( start with a little, you can always add more).

So good, easy and over all healthy!  I also always have left overs despite how much we love this dish and have 2nd and 3rds of it.  So I will throw the extra chicken mix with 'sauce' in a freezer bag for another meal.  It is actually even better the 2nd time because it has marinated!  

*You can use white rice but it's not as healthy since your body sees any white grain as sugar because it's so refined and the healthy germ is taken out.

CafeMom Tickers
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:33 PM

spaghetti- using spaghetti squash

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN