Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

injuries

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:57 PM
  • 9 Replies
Do u ladies work out through injuries?
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Cherie74
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:36 PM

No, because I don't want to make things worse. I've sprained my ankle twice running and both times I stopped running until I could do so with no pain. I would bike instead, which didn't bother my ankle.

"Working through" an injury can cause something that would have healed quickly to spiral into something much worse, that will require more time off. I'm a big fan of listening to your body. 

bry36
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:31 PM

it depends I have and I have seriously regretted it for sure . I have a herniated disc in my neck and for the most part I always have to be aware not to hurt myself  more than it already is but Ihave learned to know when to stop and how far I can push over the yrs . I still sometimes do stupid things occationally and end up flat on my back for several days but that isnt as often anymore . I dont bounce back as quickly as I used to 

4puddintaters
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:03 AM
I hv been a super healthy runner for about 3 yrs now. Never sustained anything that took me out of my running game until this summer! My dang achilles tendons hv been acting up and now I seemed to hv pulled a hamstring. I am so super bummed to hv to
"rest" ! Ahhhhhh Im so frustrated! It really sucks too bcz my wind is so built up right now. I hv been running so strong mentally and dont need technique breathing until anout my second mile! Im trying to stay positive and I just want to jog atleast a mile.
Jukebox_Jenny
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:03 AM
It really depends on the injury. Some things you can modify and work around, others just need rest.
4puddintaters
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:05 AM
But like u said Cherie, don't want to make things worse or prolong it. There oyher things I can do but running is a part of me and serves so much more than fitness for me!
4puddintaters
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Yeah Jenny I was hoping it was one of those nagging little aches and pains I cd run thru but I think I made it worse the other night. So it is smthng that needs rest I guess. BOO!!
Vertical15
by Vanessa on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Depends on the injury.  I hurt my back a while back and had to scale WAY back on what I did but I tried to keep moving a bit just what I was able to do, mostly just walking.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 8, 2014 at 4:56 AM

Nope.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:14 AM

Depends what you mean by injuries.

I will work through sore muscles. I brace my ankles and wrists because they are incredibly tiny and weak. I'll be doing jumps and my right ankle in particular will just give out and I'll fall. 

The exception is back pain. I don't mess around with back pain, if I feel I've tweaked something I take a hot bath, kick my feet up, and take ibuprofen. You don't mess around with back issues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN