Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How do you make time for a workout?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 3:49 PM
  • 10 Replies

The Stir is doing a story on all the ways moms squeeze their fitness routine in. How and when do you get your workout in, especially when you're also juggling the care of young kids?

by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emtgirl885
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:36 PM

I go to the times of the classes that I enjoy. I have a set schedule, so it is routine for me. It is better for me to workout at the gym because they have a child center, so I am not interrupted at home by my son.

cc5112
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:58 PM

I have a 2 year old son. My day starts at 0530, so I wake up at 0410 to work out for 30 to an hour depending on the workout I'm doing ( I do P90X, X2, and X3). 

polkaspots
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:36 PM
It's part of my daily routine. I work out before they wake up and after they go to bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jukebox_Jenny
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:54 PM
I drop DD off at school and go straight to the gym. Like anything important you have to just do it. I find time to grocery shop, because I need to. I find time to vacuum, because I need to. I need to workout, so I find time.
Beautifulmom513
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:59 PM

right now I am going in the morning around 9am. my husband doesn't go to work until 2 in the afternoon. so he stays home with the kids while I go. but if he had to work, it wouldn't be a problem. my gym's childcare is open from 8am-12pm everyday so I could always bring them with me and put them in childcare. 

chrissydan
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:14 AM
I haven't found away yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:19 AM
They go with me! If I go walking/running, they ride their scooters or bikes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 8, 2014 at 4:49 AM

Weekends...that's all I've got time for right now since I work full time and have a special needs child.

Mrs.Pedro
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I freestyle my chores lol. I turn up the music, and maximize the intensity of my movements and add in movements. Like when I am moppin I get a really good sweat going by going in a half squat with each stroke of the mop... I use circular motions because I use a sponge mop that leaves more marks if I do back and forth, and each time I bring the mop around and towards me I drop down a little. I also do it fast! Sometimes I will add weight, by strapping my 5 month old on while I sweep and vacuum too. My kids and I will also stretch together and do sit ups and all that(although they don't do t right they try!). They're preschool age so not much I can do without them lol. I try to take the stairs when I can too, and do walking laps while my kids play at the playground. I can't really find the gumption to wake up early when I'm up and down all night with the baby and wakin up early and going to bed late... So I just try to maximize what I already do for the time being. This month my husband won't be so busy, so I am intending to get back to jogging for my daily break too.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:14 AM

I just do it. It is a struggle some days, and some days I just flat out don't have time. I work full time on a rotating schedule, I'm a full time student, and my daughter is VERY active in clubs and sports. I have a very, very hard time working out in the mornings, but if I'm scheduled to be in to work at 9:30, that is my only time to do it. If I'm scheduled to be in at 7:00 or 7:30 I work out after work with no problem. If I'm scheduled at 8:00 I race home, que up my dvd, get dinner together and in the oven, then work out while it cooks. If I'm scheduled at 8:30 or 9:00, forget it. It isn't happening. There simply isn't time. 

With soccer practice starting soon, two evenings per week for an hour, that will be my time on those days, no matter what. It may actually make things easier.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN