Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What are your healthiest habits, and why do you keep 'em up?

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:25 AM
  • 14 Replies

The Stir is doing a story on fit moms' best habits. What are your healthiest habits, and why do you keep 'em up? Could be anything from making sure you drink enough water during the day to taking a yoga class to setting aside time for a manicure!

by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Drinking water instead of other drinks (milk, juice, soda).  Why?  because I feel better and because my taste buds are now sensitive to flavors.  Milk...bleh.  Juice...too sweet.  Soda...all I can taste are the chemicals.

jatctt
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:55 AM
I have a green "lemonade" every day. Water, spinach or kale, a whole lemon and a bit of aguave. It is our go to snack around here. It is much easier to drink my greens than chew them lol.
ZakTuffMavsMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I break a sweat every single day. Whether it's walking or jogging in my hilly neighborhood or going to play tennis, I make sure I workout my heart and muscles and release endorphins.
MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:35 AM
Drinking a gallon a day and green tea.

Important to hydrate and make good choices.
Mommy_Natural
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Drinking only water and getting moving somehow (at least going for a walk) every day. I want to start running more regularly as well but haven't kept that up yet since I always have 3 kids with me on walks. :)
emtgirl885
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I drink lots of water, makes me feel better and I do not get headaches. I also eat healthy foods...once I stray, I want more of the wrong foods and do not feel good after. I notice that my skin and attitude are better when I eat healthy. If I miss at least 2 or 3 days of exercise, I am a grouch...I have to work out to have a good attitude and feel happy! I get a pedicure once a month, makes me feel relaxed and better about my appearance.

Firespirit13
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I once weighed 450 lbs so for me healthy habits are my entire life.  I refuse to go back to where i once was so for one i keep a picture of myself from then and now on my fridge so when i start grazing i can look at that and say no i dont need that food.  But I also eat clean and drink only water unsweet tea or lemon-aid made with honey instead of sugar.  Lately i am playing with taking white sugar out of our diets because my little girl seems to have bad reactions to it like night terrors.  My kids are 8 months old 3 yrs and 4 yrs so the older two I am training to see food commercials as Yucky stuff and if something isnt good for you you simply do not eat it.  I keep these habits up because i love my family and I have learned after way too long of being morbidly obese that I can LOVE my family with food by teaching them to eat healthy and know exactly what is in the food you eat.   Me and the kids do Yoga everyday together my hubby wont do it but oh well that is his loss. And when it comes to time out for me I crochet and sew which for me is a wonderful stress reliever.

harveysmom713
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 12:32 PM
Drinking plenty of water simply because I know it's good for me. Exercising and avoiding sugar more and more. Sometimes when I do eat too much sugar it makes my stomach hurt. I like that. To me it means that my body is adjusting to less and less sugar.
nurse1997
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:31 AM

I work out walking at work all night. I work on keeping a positive attitude and that is the hardest for me because that is what keeps me healthy  !   

Firespirit13
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Positive attitude is ABSOLUTELY a huge part of the healthy habits that I keep as well.  Through all of my weight loss journey I have always tried to remind myself "Its not hard its just new"(That was drilled into us at Trucking school)  and that has helped me keep it all in perspective.  :)

Quoting nurse1997:

I work out walking at work all night. I work on keeping a positive attitude and that is the hardest for me because that is what keeps me healthy  !   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)