Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Planking

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:21 AM
  • 8 Replies
Is it the best workout for stomach and abs..??? I'm starting a ab workout after my workout consisting of plank, plank with leg lift, side plank, side plank leg lift, side plank crunches, straight arm plank and straight arm plank with shoulder touch. Any advice or thought would be great.
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Planks are good for a lot of things....some other ladies will have better advice though:)

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I think planks and supermans are the best, overall, core workout. They not only target your abs and obliques, but they get your back and hip flexors to. I do planks, walking planks, spider planks, side planks, and side plank raises. 

MzKhan86
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:54 AM
I love planks probably because I can do them and they helped me get stronger. I despise superman lol. I don't like anything about it.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I think planks and supermans are the best, overall, core workout. They not only target your abs and obliques, but they get your back and hip flexors to. I do planks, walking planks, spider planks, side planks, and side plank raises. 

Firespirit13
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I have been planking for about 2 years and it has helped my back and abs get so much stronger and its helped my legs and arms as well I feel its a great full body exercise because you are engaging almost all of your muscles.

MzKhan86
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:46 AM
I love your profile pic. Great job hunt and thanks for the advice.

Quoting Firespirit13:

I have been planking for about 2 years and it has helped my back and abs get so much stronger and its helped my legs and arms as well I feel its a great full body exercise because you are engaging almost all of your muscles.

Djinn83
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:29 PM

It depends what you mean. Are you trying to six pack abs? Then no. 

Planks are good for pulling in your your midsection and strengthening your lower back and deep abs.

if you want defined abs though, you will need to lower your bodyfat and do weighted crunches as well as planks. 

MzKhan86
by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 3:08 PM
No no six pack here.. lol.

Quoting Djinn83:

Planks are good for pulling in your your midsection and strengthening your lower back and deep abs.

if you want defined abs though, you will need to lower your bodyfat and do weighted crunches as well as planks. 

MzKhan86
by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 3:09 PM
I just had a baby so I'm trying to strengthen my muscles and get the fat off.

Quoting MzKhan86: No no six pack here.. lol.

Quoting Djinn83:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)