Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Workouts..

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:52 AM
  • 5 Replies
Does anyone here do Jillian Michaels DVD workouts. I'm homebound for a while so I'm continuing my workouts. I usually go on the elliptical and do 45 min of interval training but that's at my mom's house. Today I did 90 min of Jillian Michaels 3 different intense body workouts.
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I do exclusively Jillian Michaels workouts. I cycle between 30 Day Shred, 6 Week 6 Pack, Killer Buns and Thighs, Shred it w/Weights, and Yoga Meltdown. I do YM on Sundays, and I do both level 1 and 2 for the full hour, otherwise I only do one workout a day for the 25-30 minutes. I think 90 minutes is too much, personally, if weight loss and toning are your only goal. The only people who need 90 minutes are those who are body buliding. I also only work one muscle group a day. I tend to do 3DS and 6W6P on my upper body days, and I don't squat and lunge with those, I just do the upper body reps, cardio, and abs. Conversely, on lower body days I don't do any arms, save for anything in plank. If you don't give your muscle groups rest, they'll never repair and stay in a constant state of fatigue. You get ripped when they rebuild from the tear down. 

MzKhan86
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Thanks... I did push myself too hard maybe. I'm beat. Tuesday I'll probably do just 30 DS almost done though 1 more day then I start Ripped in 30. I love the cardio kickbox. I also have Zumba which I love. I'll probably do Zumba on the weekends so the kids can join me.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I do exclusively Jillian Michaels workouts. I cycle between 30 Day Shred, 6 Week 6 Pack, Killer Buns and Thighs, Shred it w/Weights, and Yoga Meltdown. I do YM on Sundays, and I do both level 1 and 2 for the full hour, otherwise I only do one workout a day for the 25-30 minutes. I think 90 minutes is too much, personally, if weight loss and toning are your only goal. The only people who need 90 minutes are those who are body buliding. I also only work one muscle group a day. I tend to do 3DS and 6W6P on my upper body days, and I don't squat and lunge with those, I just do the upper body reps, cardio, and abs. Conversely, on lower body days I don't do any arms, save for anything in plank. If you don't give your muscle groups rest, they'll never repair and stay in a constant state of fatigue. You get ripped when they rebuild from the tear down. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

She has great workouts...good luck!

emtgirl885
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Way to go!

mainicola
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:32 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)