• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im at a loss.

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:48 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am not motivated at all, i have tried for a long time to lose weight, i am 5ft2in and 162 lbs, i have t25 that i havent even unraped. i eat very unhealthy and that is my problem, my fiances mom is italian and always making bad food, i cant but help to eat it, and i eat alot throughout the day, and that is why i dont do my t25 is because i feel it will be pointless with the way i eat, i have no motivation, what healped you? can someone help me by being like a coach? i really want to be in a size 3 and be fit so i can run after my little girl without sounding like im dieing. 

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:28 PM

I am strugging with it too. It can be stuff to stay motivated. It was easier when our treadmill was working so I could work out at home.

Maime13
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:34 PM
2 moms liked this

It is never pointless to move!! Don't even worry about the eating part for now. Just move!!! If you are interested in T25 then do it!!

Chances are pretty high that once you get comfortable with being active you'll think of even more things you'd like to try. And, once you are start being comfortable with being active then you might feel more motivated to change your eating habits as you begin to see that changing your eating habits can make you feel better and stronger too.

..MoonShine..
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Yep. For me, being active leads to healthier food choices. When I'm active, I don't want the heavy stuff. Instead, I want what will fuel my body (with the occasional indulgence). 

Quoting Maime13:

It is never pointless to move!! Don't even worry about the eating part for now. Just move!!! If you are interested in T25 then do it!! Chances are pretty high that once you get comfortable with being active you'll think of even more things you'd like to try. And, once you are start being comfortable with being active then you might feel more motivated to change your eating habits as you begin to see that changing your eating habits can make you feel better and stronger too.

billysangel
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:45 PM
I'm in the same boat girl, and I feel like I'm paddling with one oar. I went from being anorexic to fatty flab-ass. I'm 5'3 and 155lbs. I am going to be 43 next month and my youngest is 10. My excuses are that I had a hysterectomy 2005 and that messed up my hormones. It's a bs excuse and I know it. Ive tried exercise, diets, pills...I lose some weight and then gain it all back. I'm frustrated and I hate looking at myself in the mirror. But, I'm determined to lose weight and keep it off. I don't need motivation, just need to not be lazy and stop finding excuses.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Welcome and hugs mama!  You can do this!

emtgirl885
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:48 PM

You can do it! Just take small steps and be consistent. Drink lots of water, it will help with not wanting to eat so much and will make you feel better.

MommyC57
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Hi Krissy.  I'm a health and fitness coach, I'd be happy to help you!  Message me at nataliecanizal@gmail.com to talk further. 

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Can I be honest with you? And please don't take offense to this, sometimes things just are the way they are. 

If you *REALLY* wanted to lose weight, you'd try. You don't really want to. That is the plain truth of it. You aren't there yet. When you get there, nothing will stop you, not even your Italian mother in law. You could do it, you just don't want to. 

When you decide you are ready, we're here, but you have to find and keep that motivation all on your own. None of us can help you with that. Good luck.

MOMMYKNS0328
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:01 AM

We all have things that push us down and think it wont help but the true motivation will only come from within. Start simple...... do not over think. I tend to do this a lot. Start with T25 and let that be what guides you, it will all fall into place when you and your body are ready.

Cherie74
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

This.

You have to want it for yourself badly enough that nothing will stop you. It doesn't sound like you're there yet.

I spent a lot of time making excuses and finding reasons why "it didn't pay" to try. All of a sudden one day, I was like "that's it." And it was. I'm 25 lbs lighter, I'm running, I'm fit...nothing stopped me. It's obvious to me now that all my reasons and excuses were bologna, because here I am in the flesh, proving myself wrong.

You can do it...just believe in yourself. Take baby steps to get started or it will be overwhelming. You got this!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Can I be honest with you? And please don't take offense to this, sometimes things just are the way they are. 

If you *REALLY* wanted to lose weight, you'd try. You don't really want to. That is the plain truth of it. You aren't there yet. When you get there, nothing will stop you, not even your Italian mother in law. You could do it, you just don't want to. 

When you decide you are ready, we're here, but you have to find and keep that motivation all on your own. None of us can help you with that. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)