Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trail Mix

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:44 PM
  • 4 Replies

So im not really dietingg im just making sure to eat enough, not starve myself and portion control. I started drinking my own blends of fruit or citrus water instead of plain (orange cucumber & lemon, strawberry orange & blueberry), i dont snack or desert at night but lately im addicted to trail mix. Just the regular nut & chocolate m&m nock of brand. Is trail mix a good snack if im tired of fruit or veggies?

Aydin - 4lbs 6oz - 2-6-05 Chevelle - 10oz - 9-16-08RIP Jonathan Jr. - 8lbs 2oz - 9-5-09

Trevor - 8lbs 9z - 1-7-13   ~   Theodora - 7lbs 12oz - 7-14-14

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
..MoonShine..
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Um...in moderation. The M&Ms are giving you a crap ton of sugar. There are healthier versions out there without the candy in it. 

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:34 PM

You have to be careful of how much you eat of the trail mix.  I make my own with almonds, cashews, and dried fruit, and I WILL gain weight if I eat too much because those nuts and fruit are high in calories compared to raw veggies.  A handful at a time is good.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:16 PM

I agree here.

Quoting michiganmom116:

You have to be careful of how much you eat of the trail mix.  I make my own with almonds, cashews, and dried fruit, and I WILL gain weight if I eat too much because those nuts and fruit are high in calories compared to raw veggies.  A handful at a time is good.

5kidzzz
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:09 PM

In moderation it's fine but it's not the same as carrot sticks. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)