Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's going on this week? Any goals?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:24 PM
  • 11 Replies

How was last week?  Do you have any goals for this coming week?

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Focused on my eating this past week, and I'm sticking with that.  I lost 3.8 pounds and aiming for another 1.5 pounds or so.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:15 PM

My goal is to stay sane...seriously..lol ( taking Lilly to run, homeschooling, Karate for 3-4 hours per day 5 days per week, Church starts again for me on Wednesday.) 

I will be taking Lilly to run 3x this week. M-W-F...in other words, we will walk 1/4 mile to my BIL's house, I will start the stopwatch and time her for 2 laps ( our circle is .52 miles around) and then we will walk home. I am going to try to walk before I take her for her run though. I have to build up this ankle so that I can do real workouts again and I can ditch this bloody weight again. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:22 PM

I'm with you on the weight gain.  Ugh.

Hugs!

Quoting mcginnisc:

My goal is to stay sane...seriously..lol ( taking Lilly to run, homeschooling, Karate for 3-4 hours per day 5 days per week, Church starts again for me on Wednesday.) 

I will be taking Lilly to run 3x this week. M-W-F...in other words, we will walk 1/4 mile to my BIL's house, I will start the stopwatch and time her for 2 laps ( our circle is .52 miles around) and then we will walk home. I am going to try to walk before I take her for her run though. I have to build up this ankle so that I can do real workouts again and I can ditch this bloody weight again. 

Mommy_Natural
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:26 PM
I didn't do very well with my eating last week. I want to really focus on that this week and try To get at least 2 days of running in.
emtgirl885
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Last week was good for me. I tried out two classes...Cycle and Insanity. I like them, so going to stick with them. My son and I are going to be visiting family from the 13th - 26th, so going to try my hardest to keep up with the exercise.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 11, 2014 at 5:44 AM
1 mom liked this

You can do it...good luck!

Quoting Mommy_Natural: I didn't do very well with my eating last week. I want to really focus on that this week and try To get at least 2 days of running in.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 11, 2014 at 5:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Great job!

Quoting emtgirl885:

Last week was good for me. I tried out two classes...Cycle and Insanity. I like them, so going to stick with them. My son and I are going to be visiting family from the 13th - 26th, so going to try my hardest to keep up with the exercise.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Last week before school starts, and two weeks until soccer and my daughter's after school leadership program begin. I am bound and determined to FINALLY get and be organized. I need 2 planner books, one with school stuff and one with food and workout stuff.

I'm determined to become one of those people who just shops on Sunday for the whole week. I'm great with that about breakfast and lunch, but I'm chronically going to the store after work to get something for dinner, and that eats another hour into my already 9 hour day. I'm tired of it. It's time for a change for the better in time management. If I can get organized then I should have no problem keeping my workout regimen solid, getting dinner done on time, helping my daughter with her homework, and getting my own homework done.

TheMeanestMom
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:41 AM
I used to try and make a menu, and thought that would help me because I would make the menu then the grocery list, and boom done. But making that list always seems so daunting. What works for me is just always getting the same staples for things I make a lot. And maybe if I see one new recipe I want to try that week I'll get stuff for that. But it is hard! I don't blame you for wanting to consolidate. 9 hours is a long day!

I'm doing weight watchers simple start. My goal is to stick to that! No cheating! And run 3 days, resistance training 3 days, and yoga 3 x this week. So far I've gotten my first run in!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Last week before school starts, and two weeks until soccer and my daughter's after school leadership program begin. I am bound and determined to FINALLY get and be organized. I need 2 planner books, one with school stuff and one with food and workout stuff.

I'm determined to become one of those people who just shops on Sunday for the whole week. I'm great with that about breakfast and lunch, but I'm chronically going to the store after work to get something for dinner, and that eats another hour into my already 9 hour day. I'm tired of it. It's time for a change for the better in time management. If I can get organized then I should have no problem keeping my workout regimen solid, getting dinner done on time, helping my daughter with her homework, and getting my own homework done.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:57 AM

I can't really meal plan per say, because my husband is the guy who will say something sounds great for tomorrow, then tomorrow rolls around and he says, "meh, I don't really want that".  I'm just going to buy staples, like you said. We tend to make the same things all of the time for dinner, which I find very dull, but they don't eat like I do, and they are INCREDIBLY picky eaters. I make up for my modified, boring dinners with fabulous lunches and amazing snacks.

Quoting TheMeanestMom: I used to try and make a menu, and thought that would help me because I would make the menu then the grocery list, and boom done. But making that list always seems so daunting. What works for me is just always getting the same staples for things I make a lot. And maybe if I see one new recipe I want to try that week I'll get stuff for that. But it is hard! I don't blame you for wanting to consolidate. 9 hours is a long day! I'm doing weight watchers simple start. My goal is to stick to that! No cheating! And run 3 days, resistance training 3 days, and yoga 3 x this week. So far I've gotten my first run in!
Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)