Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Can someone create me a postpartum exercise plan?

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 6:08 PM
  • 4 Replies

Info:

-I'm projected to be about 152 lbs when I deliver. So that means...142 when I come home? I'm 16 and 5'7. 

-I want to get down to 130-135 with lots of lean muscle.

-I can get to the gym about 3 times a week with my work schedule and the schedule i worked out with my son's father. 

-I have a treadmill at my house if necessary. 

Willing to try anything and everything.

by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MzKhan86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Mobile Photo

Hopefully you won't have diastasis recti which is the stretching of you abdominal muscles. You can Google it and educate yourself, that's what I did. I never heard of it until about 2 months ago but I don't have that... you can check for it. Personally I like to wear a waist cincher all day everyday until your 6 week appointment unless god forbid you have a csection. Then I would get a girdle for people who get csections. Personally what worked for me was Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I also will be starting ripped in 30. I would do that and after workout on the treadmill. Watch your calories and eat healthy. I just had 2 babies back to back. I have 3 kids in total and the youngest is 3 months. I am 1 day away from being done with the 30 day shred. I would also do 30-45 min on the elliptical. Now I'm starting Ripped in 30 so we'll see. I am 151 lbs now and I am 5"5. My goal is 145 while still toning.
Djinn83
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 10:40 AM

I second the girdle comment. A belly band works great too. Or you can just use ace bandages. It will help keep your stomach from sagging. 

As soon as you get the all clear from the doctor, I would start slow. You will need to work on your core. Planks side planks, and supermans. I wouldn't worry about heavy cardio right off the bat. Just take your baby for walks. I suggest strength training for endurance, and energy. Go out and buy some good quality 5 lb dumbells to start. 

You said you want lots of lean muscle. So like a fitness model body? 

mommymain
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:35 PM

I was going to put together a body after baby/health and fitness presentation and support group where we would check in weekly with one another via a conference line if you were interested. I am figuring out everything right now such as day and time. Let me know if this might be somehting you would like to do becuase I am a mommy who needs the support to keep myself motivated

BeFit-Mom
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Google my screen name for an award winning pp ab rehab program.

BeFit-Mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)