Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Day Shred

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:21 AM
  • 19 Replies
Ok I tried and epically failed on the first day of the shred (which was yesterday). I plan on giving it another go today and hopefully I will be 100% mentally there. Could you ladies that have done it let me know what your loses was like. I need some encouragement.

"Stupidity isn't punishable by death. If it was, there would be a hell of a population drop."

- Anita Blake Vampire Hunter

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetieiv
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:24 AM
What is the 30 day shred?
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:30 AM
1 mom liked this

It's a Jillian Michaels workout.

Quoting sweetieiv: What is the 30 day shred?

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:30 AM

Just take it one day at a time...you'll get there!

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I did it for 3 months straight. I spent a full 30 days at each level, rather than go for all 3 in one month. I didn't want to move on until I could follow Natalie for each rep, no cheating or taking breaks, for the entire work out. I felt like I was cheating myself if I just moved on following Anita or was taking breaks or losing form. I'm very glad that I did that. I feel like I completely mastered that work out. 

Level 1 killed my calves for the first 10ish days. It was all the jumping, I wasn't used to it. I used icy hot and took some ibuprofen, but I never took more than 1 day off for soreness. After a while, they didn't hurt any more.

Combined with a Paleo lifestyle, and dropping carbs to below 50 a day,  I dropped from a size 8-10 to a 4-6, depending on the clothing brand. I've kept it off all year by continuing to work out with Jillian 4-5 days per week and sticking Paleo. 

offrdngal
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:03 AM
You can be my Shred buddy, if it will help you. Today will be day 3, for me. I've done it before..but that was almost 3 years ago.
layawatling
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 7:10 AM
I want a shred buddy! I'm starting today, for my second round. Last time I did it about 1.5 years ago...

Quoting offrdngal: You can be my Shred buddy, if it will help you. Today will be day 3, for me. I've done it before..but that was almost 3 years ago.
offrdngal
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 7:53 AM

I can be your buddy!!  :)

Quoting layawatling: I want a shred buddy! I'm starting today, for my second round. Last time I did it about 1.5 years ago...
Quoting offrdngal: You can be my Shred buddy, if it will help you. Today will be day 3, for me. I've done it before..but that was almost 3 years ago.

la_bella_vita
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 2:46 PM

I lost a lot of weight doing the 30 day shred. I highly recommend it. It can be frustrating, Jillian annoys me but she sure knows how to create a great workout. I lost weight quickly and I'm amazed at how toned my arms are now.

emtgirl885
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:09 PM
You can do it!
Pixers
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:33 PM

I had just started it when they gave us his transplant date.. Let me know how it goes for you this time around and when we get settled after we get back home I'll give it another go.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)