Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Snacks That Are 150 Calories or Less

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:55 AM
  • 45 Replies

Today, I'm going to provide you with healthy snacking options that are 150 calories or less!

• Hummus with Pita and Peas: 3 tablespoons hummus; 1/2 whole-grain pita, cut into pieces; and 1/2 cup pea pods
  • Apple and Peanut Butter: 1 medium apple sliced with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
  • Oatmeal and Berries: 1 packet low sugar oatmeal topped with a handful of berries
  • Spiced Maple Yogurt: 6 ounces plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and a dash of cinnamon
  • Granola Bar: 1 Trail Mix granola bar
  • Oranges with Walnuts: 4-ounce Mandarin-orange  cup topped with 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts
  • Apples and Cheese: 1 small apple sliced with 1 ounce Brie
  • Strawberries and Cream: 2 cups sliced strawberries with 2 tablespoons of whipped cream
  • Red Grapes and Almonds: 1 cup Red grapes with 11 almonds
  • Popcorn: 2 cups of low sodium popcorn
  • Cucumber and Cheese: 1 small cucumber sliced with three tablespoons of cream cheese
  • Roasted Chickpeas: 2 ounce serving
  • Turkey Wrap: 2 ounces of thin sliced turkey, 1 thin slice of provolone wrapped in a large romain lettuce leaf
  • Strawberries and Yogurt: Half a cup non-fat Greek yogurt topped with one teaspoon of honey and half a cup of strawberries
  • Dried Fruit:  Half a cup, make sure to choose brands with no preservatives or sugar added
  • Pistachios: 48 Pistachios, unsalted
  • Tuna Salad Wrap: Make a reduced fat tuna salad wrapped in a lettuce leaf
  • Oatmeal and Almonds: 1 packet of plain instant oatmeal, sprinkled with cinnamon and 6 chopped almonds
  • Skewers: 1 cube of watermelon, 1 small cube of feta, 1 slice of cucumber on each of 5 toothpicks
  • Fruit Smoothie: 1 peeled seedless orange with 1 cup ice, 1/2 cup low fat milk, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract; blend
  • Sweet Bruschetta: 2 toasted whole grain baguette slices with 2 tablespoons part skim ricotta and top with mixture of 1/4 cup blueberries and 1/4 cup chopped strawberries
  • Loaded Peppers: 1 cup red bell pepper slices topped with 1/2 cup warmed spicy low fat re-fried black beans and 1 tablespoon of guacamole
  • Edamame: 1 cup unshelled edamame

Do you have any healthy snack options to share with us?
Have you or will you try any of the healthy snack options above?

apple

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarah824
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Most of these sound fabulous and I will be printing this list and adding these to my snack options. Currently my favorite snacks are a handful of raw almonds or a piece of fruit (apple/orange).

frankiesma530
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Apples and peanut butter is the best thing since sliced bread. I'm also a big fan of granola bars. 

Crashmonster1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:18 PM

My favorite healthy snacks are simple and boring a TBS of peanut butter or a banana.  You have offered some delicious sounding options that I am definately going to have to incorporate into my food plan

buttercup24
by Jenna on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:22 PM
This list looks yummy. Gonna try afew.
ltlwlkr3
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:25 PM

I will definitely be trying quite a few of those snacks.  they all sound delicious.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Rice crackers with nut butters

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Fresh juice

delmobaby
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:37 PM
I've recently got hooked on apples and peanut butter. Other than that I'll have some fruit or raw veggies or some almonds.
AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Some of those sound great. I usually grab some nuts for a snack.
young_lv_mom
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:51 PM
Those sound tasty. I normally have apples, bananas or oranges on hand for health snacks. Also celery with peanut butter, that is one of my favorites.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)