Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

21 Day Fix. . . Anyone done it?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:06 PM
  • 8 Replies

I'm toying with doing the 21 day fix.   I already drink shakeology every morning with my breakfast, and I did the 3 Day Refresh to kick start my weight loss.  I felt like no matter what I did, I couldn't lose weight.  The refresh got me to a good start - I lost about 6 pounds.  Now I'm down 11, but I would like to (realistically) lose 9 more and (unrealistically) 19 more.  I'm 5'11'' and currently weigh 149.  I realize that is within the 'normal' range for my height, but I feel my best when I'm 130-135.  (I discussed this with my doctor and he said he understood.  As long as I'm not starving myself).

Over the last couple of years, I have just really had horrible eating habits.  Drinking too much wine, eating out a lot, snacking at night, etc.  I was feeling horrible all the time!  Sleepy, grouchy, headaches, etc.  I've cut out all wine/alcohol and that has in turn cut out late night snacking.  I'm eating cleaner, and eat minimal carbs.  Salads for lunch, healthy dinners.  I'm not great at making time to work out, though.  I'm hoping that if I buy the tools for the 21 day fix, I'll be more inclined to actually work out.  Has anyone done this?  What were your results?  The only opinions I can find online are from coaches, so of course they will be great! :)

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MamaSarah1104
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Well technically I'm a beachbody coach too, but I like it so far. I'm on day 3 and I feel like I've already made a conscious shift to make healthier choices. There's so much food (but I'm also in the highest category.) and the exercises work me, but don't kill me. My husband says a lot of the moves are similar to cardio.

Side note: are you a coach already? You should consider it since you already drink shakeology daily since you will save 25%
MamaSarah1104
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Other side note, I'm pretty sure the reason all you are finding is coaches is because it was just launched in late July so the majority of people who have tried it will be coaches or testers, (the CEO of beachbody wrote on his FB that he was going to New York for the launch on July 24, although I feel like I've heard of it more before that so I could be misinformed lol)
awilson2112
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Thanks for the info!  I may look into being a coach just for the discount.  Can just anyone do it?  Does it cost anything?  I, too, have made the conscious effort to make healthier choices, and it's made a world of difference.  I'm hoping the videos aren't too challenging b/c I'm pretty out of shape.  Hoping this program helps me to get more toned!

Quoting MamaSarah1104: Well technically I'm a beachbody coach too, but I like it so far. I'm on day 3 and I feel like I've already made a conscious shift to make healthier choices. There's so much food (but I'm also in the highest category.) and the exercises work me, but don't kill me. My husband says a lot of the moves are similar to cardio. Side note: are you a coach already? You should consider it since you already drink shakeology daily since you will save 25%

MamaSarah1104
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:42 PM
I'm not sure about the cost, I think it may cost a little, but I'm pretty sure it's less than the $35 a pack of shakeology you would save.

I just finished my 3rd workout and honestly I love it. I am already feeling so much stronger. Also there are modifiers for every move if it's too much for you. Some things I did modifiers for at first and I'm already going longer without the modifiers. I just posted on Facebook how I love her encouragement and the whole system. 3 days in and I'm already down 1.8 lbs and I'm feeling so much better.

Quoting awilson2112:

Thanks for the info!  I may look into being a coach just for the discount.  Can just anyone do it?  Does it cost anything?  I, too, have made the conscious effort to make healthier choices, and it's made a world of difference.  I'm hoping the videos aren't too challenging b/c I'm pretty out of shape.  Hoping this program helps me to get more toned!

Quoting MamaSarah1104: Well technically I'm a beachbody coach too, but I like it so far. I'm on day 3 and I feel like I've already made a conscious shift to make healthier choices. There's so much food (but I'm also in the highest category.) and the exercises work me, but don't kill me. My husband says a lot of the moves are similar to cardio. Side note: are you a coach already? You should consider it since you already drink shakeology daily since you will save 25%

gwebkeijmmm
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:43 PM
I've never heard of it.
lovey75
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:45 PM
It's really good with portion control and food organization. I just have to stick with it lol
fitnessfanatic7
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

The containers are great for portion contol. The dvd is a beginner/intermediate workout program. You can start really modified and increase your level as you get stronger. Half of my co workers are doing it and love it. I am going to message you a pic of one of my friend who did it.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 15, 2014 at 5:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)