Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need encouragement/motivation!

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:41 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hello everyone! I am starting out again on my weightloss journey and need to lose 100 lbs. I weigh 240 right now, so that would put me at 140. I have had a long road of discouraging results. It's always been up and down for me.

In Jan 2006, I weighed my heaviest at 270. I decided that I was tired of being fat and started doing something about it. I lost 80 lbs in 7 months (weighed 190!). It was all through eating healthy and excerising. I have always tried the next fad diet and of course they never work. If I would lose anything on them, I would only gain what I lost and then some when I stopped doing it.

In Aug 2006, I got pregnant with my 2nd child. I gained back up to 235. Ever since having her (6weeks premature), its been a roller coaster for me and my weight.

May 2011 (weighing 215), I went to a weightloss dr and was prescribed phentermine. I lost back down to 190 in 3 months. My husband was injured on the job. My stress level was through the roof with him being out of commission to help with anything. Anyway, needless to say I gained all plus extra weight after stopping the phentermine.

Anyway, just thought I would post to maybe get some helpful tips from the group.  Thanks in advance.

2009sig.gif picture by fredregillc

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrzlili07
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this

hi good luck  :D you got this i my self have been on this weight rollercoster for a while now :( i get on a good track and then well i get lazy sadly 

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Make smal changes/ goals to start with- and build on them.  Things like drinking so much water a day, moving so much a day/week...drinking less soda, eating less sugar...

find work outs you like- then you will want to do them.  Take it one day at a time and remember it takes time. I have lost 80+ lbs so far but I have taken 2 yrs doing it. I have not used any pills, shakes, strict diets or any of that. I just count calories, and work out.  I also have days where I don't worry and go with the flow (of life).  I never really feel deprived- I eat what I want but depending what it is- I just eat less of it (though I try to eat decent most of the time). I've gone from 239 to mid 150's. Looking for mid 140's I think- but I'll get there when I get there ;)

you can do this.  

Goodybag1
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:39 PM
I heard of that pill. Why'd you stop taking it? I'm afraid no one will give me a script for it.
DandMsMommy
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 7:16 PM

The dr I use does 3 months on and 1 month off of the phentermine. He does this so your body doesn't become accustomed to the medication. Anyway, I had to go to the dr every month for weigh in and a new RX, he doesn't do refills. He wants to make sure that you are handling the medication well (as far as health wise--like blood pressure and things). I started in May and my three months was up in August...that was when my husband got hurt, and we couldn't afford for me to go back to the dr at that time. It was $50 at dr then $40 at the pharmacy, so almost $100/month.

Quoting Goodybag1: I heard of that pill. Why'd you stop taking it? I'm afraid no one will give me a script for it.

DandMsMommy
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Thank you!

I try to drink half my weight in water a day. Somedays are better than others. I really do not restrict myself on the food that I eat, just use portion control. I found that if I don't eat something that I am craving, that I will binge on it when I finally give in.

I eat fairly well most days. The area I struggle with is exercise. I work full time, have 2 kids that are involved in everything you can imagine. I leave my house at 7AM and usually do not get home until after 8PM. I also do embroidery part time. By the time I have time to exercise, I am exhausted already. I know that is not an excuse and I need to make time...but there are only so many hours in the day.

Thanks agian :)

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Make smal changes/ goals to start with- and build on them.  Things like drinking so much water a day, moving so much a day/week...drinking less soda, eating less sugar...

find work outs you like- then you will want to do them.  Take it one day at a time and remember it takes time. I have lost 80+ lbs so far but I have taken 2 yrs doing it. I have not used any pills, shakes, strict diets or any of that. I just count calories, and work out.  I also have days where I don't worry and go with the flow (of life).  I never really feel deprived- I eat what I want but depending what it is- I just eat less of it (though I try to eat decent most of the time). I've gone from 239 to mid 150's. Looking for mid 140's I think- but I'll get there when I get there ;)

you can do this.  

Goodybag1
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Wait how come you had to pay the dr. too?

Quoting DandMsMommy:

The dr I use does 3 months on and 1 month off of the phentermine. He does this so your body doesn't become accustomed to the medication. Anyway, I had to go to the dr every month for weigh in and a new RX, he doesn't do refills. He wants to make sure that you are handling the medication well (as far as health wise--like blood pressure and things). I started in May and my three months was up in August...that was when my husband got hurt, and we couldn't afford for me to go back to the dr at that time. It was $50 at dr then $40 at the pharmacy, so almost $100/month.

Quoting Goodybag1: I heard of that pill. Why'd you stop taking it? I'm afraid no one will give me a script for it.

MzKhan86
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 7:46 PM
I think you should take it one step at a time. Start exercising 5 days a week. Start off light. When your endurance increases start doing. I like to buy coke zero.. I love pepsi so that's a great substitute. I eat weight watchers ice cream bars yum. Not everyday though. I like to put a little crystal light in my water. I think that you should also start sticking notes on the mirror to yourself for self motivation. I wish you all the luck. I have 3 kids the youngest being 3 months. When I exercise I keep thinking about how I want to look. Its all in your mind as well.
DandMsMommy
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 7:47 PM
For the office visit...just like going to a regular dr.

Quoting Goodybag1: Wait how come you had to pay the dr. too?

Quoting DandMsMommy:

DandMsMommy
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Thanks! When I have anything other than water it is usually a diet coke or coke zero. I usually try to limit those to 1 a day though, or I will get stuck in a rut and that will be all I drink.

Quoting MzKhan86: I think you should take it one step at a time. Start exercising 5 days a week. Start off light. When your endurance increases start doing. I like to buy coke zero.. I love pepsi so that's a great substitute. I eat weight watchers ice cream bars yum. Not everyday though. I like to put a little crystal light in my water. I think that you should also start sticking notes on the mirror to yourself for self motivation. I wish you all the luck. I have 3 kids the youngest being 3 months. When I exercise I keep thinking about how I want to look. Its all in your mind as well.
MzKhan86
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Try putting crystal light those squirt ones in seltzer water.

Quoting DandMsMommy: Thanks! When I have anything other than water it is usually a diet coke or coke zero. I usually try to limit those to 1 a day though, or I will get stuck in a rut and that will be all I drink.

Quoting MzKhan86: I think you should take it one step at a time. Start exercising 5 days a week. Start off light. When your endurance increases start doing. I like to buy coke zero.. I love pepsi so that's a great substitute. I eat weight watchers ice cream bars yum. Not everyday though. I like to put a little crystal light in my water. I think that you should also start sticking notes on the mirror to yourself for self motivation. I wish you all the luck. I have 3 kids the youngest being 3 months. When I exercise I keep thinking about how I want to look. Its all in your mind as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)