Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I posted before in this group, then kind of backed off.  I backed off because I fell off the wagon again.

I have an all out sugar addiction.  I've gained ground many times just to lose it again.  I almost completely give it up, start to have small amounts more regularly, then eventually get to the point where I binge on it.  That leaves me feeling guilty, irritated and depressed and wanting to change.  That's where I am now.  I've spent the past few days binging on sugar (this time has been worse because most of my sugar has been combined with caffeine).

I am so ashamed to admit this.  But I need to change!  I can't keep up this cycle.  I'm obese, I hate the way I look, I'm not being a good example to my 3 kids, I'm having IBS symptoms from the sugar I eat, etc.

How can I make sure this time is different?  I was so determined last time, just to fall 2 weeks in.  I'm so afraid this is just going to be a vicious, endless cycle.

by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Replies (21-21):
Pukity
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 10:14 AM

I totally agree with this.   Been there twice but this week, I restarted everything, I had a serious talk with my dietician, I had to admitt that I just lost interest, but Im willing to change, so she wants to see me everymonth instead of every 3 months, I talked to my hubby, mom, dad and close friends to support me and don't even offer a diet soda or small piece of cookie. if you want  a support person, since we will be starting from cero. just le tme know.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv: Cold turkey. It's the only way to go. It's absolutely no different than a heroin addiction, you have to be cut off completely. You will go through withdrawls, you will suffer for a few days, but it CAN be done. If it is honestly that much of a temptation for you, get it all out of your house. Unfortunately, you may be one of those people that just can't ever invite sugar back into your life because it controls you, not the other way around. You have to kick it to the curb like a bad ex boyfriend. "Everything is ok in moderation" may not work for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)