Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Giving up the sugar

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:29 PM
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this
I want to start a journal on here to give myself some accountability. I'm very addicted to sugar, so here and now I'm giving it up.
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

clapping

emtgirl885
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:40 PM
You can do it! Are you planning on eating natural sugars?
bekaanne0524
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I will eat natural sugars. Those I don't have a problem eating in moderation.

Quoting emtgirl885: You can do it! Are you planning on eating natural sugars?
emtgirl885
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 1:12 AM
That is good. You can do it! Just one day at a time..it will seem hard for a couple weeks, but you will get used to not eating sugar

Quoting bekaanne0524: I will eat natural sugars. Those I don't have a problem eating in moderation.

Quoting emtgirl885: You can do it! Are you planning on eating natural sugars?
bekaanne0524
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Today, so far, has been better than expected. I've avoided the stuff well. I even enjoyed my coffee with just a little milk this morning (I usually HAVE to have sugar in my coffee and I drink coffee every day).

I've been upping my good fats, as I've read that can help with sugar cravings. It does seem to be helping. I'm definitely craving it, but it's not making me grumpy yet.
bekaanne0524
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Today is going pretty well.  This morning I was having major mood swings between no sugar for more than a day and being woken up my a whiney 5 year old.  I managed to get that under control.  

I'm craving sugar, and certainly wanting it.  But I have to say it's easier this time, I think because I don't have to worry about finding a balance.  I'm not worried about having a little but not too much.  I'm not thinking about "When I beat this addiction I'll be able to have ______, because I'll be able to eat it in moderation."  I think I was putting too much pressure on myself, because I was thinking I could have the things I was desperately craving once I "broke the addiction".  That created more pressure to "break the addiction" so I could have those things.  Now I don't have that pressure.  I know those things need to be gone for good.  So instead of feeling like I need to get through this process quickly, I'm more like settling in and getting used to the way I'm going to have to eat and handle my sugar addiction from now on.

bekaanne0524
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm still here, and I'm still staying strong. I haven't been eating the most healthy, but I decided to start off by just giving up the sugar and then slowly make more changes to my diet.

I was really grouchy on day 3. My addiction was just torturing me. But I managed to push through with a little...encouragement...from my husband.

I've had a few family get togethers where I had to turn down the sweets. That's not easy with an amazing looking tiramisu staring you in the face, but I've managed.

My bowel problems are starting to get better. I ebf my baby, so the change in my diet stopped him from pooping for 2 days and then today he's had a lot of looser stools. He seems to still be pretty happy though.

I'm getting more used to the idea that the sweets are gone for good.
ERMDK
by Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Here's a bump. Keep up the good work!
DonnaLewis
by New Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:49 AM

Good for you bekaanne! How are you doing with it? It certainly is a tough one!!! Best of luck to you! :)
clapping

Donna (mom to 5, nana to 3)
100# club! Special needs mom (x3). Fibro survivor. 50 and FABULOUS! ;)

Blog: www.FitX.me

bekaanne0524
by Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 9:29 AM
I'm still hanging in there. I slipped up a little last weekend but now I'm back om track.

I haven't been losing weight though. =\ I'm trying to make adjustments this week to help me start losing weight. Being more active during the day doesn't seem to be helping. I finally lost a lb this week. The problem? That is from eating 1,400 calories a day. But I'm supposed to eat at least 1,600-1,800 a day with breastfeeding. =\
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)