Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Summer Weight Loss Challenge Day 29: Color Your Plate

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:09 AM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this

Welcome to day 29 of the Summer Weight Loss Challenge!

Vegtables are a vital part of any healthy diet and should make up about 50% of your plate during meals.Today and going forward, Im going to challenge you to 'color your plate'. Step out of your veggie comfort zone and try something new.  Go beyond basic green veggies, try something red, yellow, purple or orange.

Do you like veggies?
Do you serve vegtables at every meal?
What are your favorite go to veggie dishes?
What 'colorful' veggies have you not tried, that you are willing to try?

treadmillOne member who signs up for the Summer Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 25 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Gift Pack!

Click here to sign up: Join our Summer Weight Loss Challenge and WIN a CafeMom Gift Pack!

by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frankiesma530
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:21 AM

I try to eat veggies every day. Broccoli is my go-to, then carrots. I love peppers and had some delicious stir fry over the weekend. Yum!

othermom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:26 AM

I do like veggies. I serve fruits usually for lunch and some snacks, veggies for dinner and other snacks

buttercup24
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:27 AM
I try to eat veggies every day but I'm so picky lol but I love soy beans.
Bmat
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:31 AM

I don't serve veggies at breakfast. I try to at other meals. I can't think of any that I haven't tried.

young_lv_mom
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:35 AM
I love veggies, but I will admit over the years I have not been as good at keeping them in meals like I should. I prefer chicken salads. I don't really have a veggie I want to try, but I'm willing to try anything once (well almost anything).
ltlwlkr3
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:43 AM

I love vegetables and try to serve them at every meal. my kids love vegetables too and have never complained about having to eat any.

AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:49 AM
I love veggies!
the3Rs
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:51 AM
We do even though I hate veggies.
sarah824
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:53 AM

We eat lots of veggies..... asparagus, mushrooms, peppers, onions, tomatoes, broccoli, corn on the cob, green beans, squash, zucchini....

ProudMeof2
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 12:14 PM

I like certain vegetables and try to have some at each meal, but it doesn't always work out like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)