Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Summer Weight Loss Challenge Day 29: Color Your Plate

Welcome to day 29 of the Summer Weight Loss Challenge!

Vegtables are a vital part of any healthy diet and should make up about 50% of your plate during meals.Today and going forward, Im going to challenge you to 'color your plate'. Step out of your veggie comfort zone and try something new.  Go beyond basic green veggies, try something red, yellow, purple or orange.

Do you like veggies?
Do you serve vegtables at every meal?
What are your favorite go to veggie dishes?
What 'colorful' veggies have you not tried, that you are willing to try?

treadmillOne member who signs up for the Summer Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 25 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Gift Pack!

Click here to sign up: Join our Summer Weight Loss Challenge and WIN a CafeMom Gift Pack!

by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Replies (31-35):
kookiered79
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 8:59 PM

I do really enjoy vegetables.  I would say that most of my meals consist of some type of vegetable.  Some of my regular go-to guys are celery, cucumbers, broccoli and cauliflower.  Although I eat others, I think one that I have never really tried is egg plant.  I have found some low carb recipes using eggplant and would like to try it some time. 

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Aug. 21, 2014 at 10:07 PM

I LOVE veggies!  Wish they were cheaper!  I could eat cauliflower for days.  Carrots, spinach and green beans are my other favorites!

reitanmama
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 7:02 AM

Ever since I started my journey I have been including vegetables in our meals. My favorite veggie is corn but because it turns to sugar we don't have it often. My next veggie to make is green beans or any raw vegetables like tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, salads and so forth.

bluerooffarm
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 11:11 AM

I do love veggies.  I usually don't have veggies at breakfast, but every other meal and snack has veggies!  I eat my fruits for breakfast so it is colorful too just sweet.  My favorite veggie sides are roasted green beans, sunshine and trees (brocolli and orange segments sauted with some soy sauce and ginger), and just plain sliced cukes and tomatoes raw and layered!

I can't think of a veggie I haven't tried, but I don't like beets or brussel sprouts.  I keep trying them every time they show up at the local farmer's market, but I haven't found a recipe I enjoy yet.  But I haven't given up!  One day I'll like those little suckers!

MooNFaeRie30
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2014 at 6:56 AM

il ove veggied and I eat them at almost every meal. I like almost every kind of vegetable out there. I have nbeen eating a lot of asparagus recently.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN