Losing weight/getting fit and then maintaining it takes hard work and dedication.
One way to help you along is to set up a rewards system that will keep you motivated.
Each week, month, or whatever defined time period you choose, plan to reward yourself for meeting your goals for that time period.
The reward should be a small 'gift' to yourself. It doesn't have to be extravagant, it can be something as simple as taking time for yourself, renting a movie or buying a new paperback book.
If you fail to meet your goal for that period, then you miss your reward. It will hold you accountable and drive you towards meeting your next goal.
Rewards should be something that makes you feel good about yourself or something you enjoy. Do not reward yourself with food or other things that will sabotage your weight loss/fitness journey.
The ultimate reward is a healthier and more fit you, but small rewards along the way are a good way to celebrate your successes!
Do you have a rewards system in place?
If so, what types of rewards do you use to keep yourself motivated?
If you do not, set up a temporary rewards system and hold yourself accountable to it. See if having a reward waiting for meeting a goal helps to keep you focused and motivated!
As a final reminder take everything you have learned and continue to apply it.
- Continue to eat cleanly and within your caloric range.
- Drink plenty of water for health and hydration.
- Make sure you are doing cardio everyday.
- Strength train at least 3 times a week.
- Make sure you are getting 7-8 of sleep a night
- Take the time to properly relax
- Keep yourself accountable by using a food/fitness journal
- Stay active and have fun!