Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Struggling & Feeling Defeated

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 2:04 PM
  • 13 Replies

So ive been working out for over a week. had a LO 7/14/2014. I know its 6 weeks next week but i just want this weight gone. This past week i have been super hungry and hating it. struggling to keep busy and not eat. tired of eating carrots lol. I walk every day and have started working out. I am having a hard time setting a goal calendar wise and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I keep wanting to wake up and see it gone because i have worked so hard and not cheated but nothing is happening. I know im supposed to give it time but when i set a goal it seems so far away and i tend to give up. any advise?

Aydin - 4lbs 6oz - 2-6-05 Chevelle - 10oz - 9-16-08RIP Jonathan Jr. - 8lbs 2oz - 9-5-09

Trevor - 8lbs 9z - 1-7-13   ~   Theodora - 7lbs 12oz - 7-14-14

by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Break your goal down in chunks.

I don't know what your goals are other than weightless but it's going to take more than a week.

Are you nursing? Are you counting calories, drinking water - eating real food?? Are you eating enough??? From what I've seen, so many people try to lose weight by starving, and really, it turns out you need to eat more.

Hopefully someone has some better advise. Hang in there.
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 4:04 PM

What mybratsmom said

and

make goals that have nothing to do with the scale.  Water intake - working out- food changes...things you can build on and accomplish daily/weekly.

Remember that weight loss takes time and you only just started-and also you just had a baby. Give yourself a break. Don't stress over it.

have you had anyone figure out your BMR for you? (how many calories you need for your activity- weight- height?)  if not, that is a good place to start. You can make a new post asking for it and they will figure it for you also include if you are breastfeeding or not in your info for it

MzKhan86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:03 PM
I agree with mybratsmom and charlotsometimes. I know how you feel I had a baby May 9th (my 3rd) & I felt exactly how you feel. Although I have lost weight I still have my insecurities with my stomach. I know that, that's going to take time. Everyday I wake up looking at it. It depresses me but I don't give up... don't give up mama... you can do it, you can do it. Good luck. I hope it gets easier for you. Hugs..
emtgirl885
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:56 AM
Congratulations on your little one!

Hugs! You can do it, do not give up. It will take time and consistency. Try eating every 2-3 hours, smaller meals help. Make sure to drink lots of water.
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Aug. 21, 2014 at 7:25 AM

I will repeat what I said to you before. You JUST had a baby. You are going to have to be patient. And I still suggest you find a hobby, or a passion, or an interest, SOMETHING to take your focus off of weight loss. Desparation leads to negative consequences. Even though the scale is gone from your home, (I hope it still is), you still sound obsessive about this.

Your hormones will be in flux for the next 6-9 months. That could be part of what is triggering your body depression. It took me 2 years to fully get my body back, it may take you the same or longer. Your body may hold on to the weight, and just let it drop when feels like it. 

bluerooffarm
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 7:56 AM

If I am reading your signature correctly, you had a child in 2013 and one in 2014?  I had nearly back-to-back kids as well.  One in March '07 and one in Dec. '08.  I had a similar depression, and because I didn't get that depression under control, I started a crazy and crappy weight roller coaster that I have finally stepped off of.  

I finally started to lose weight the healthy way, in the kitchen.  My goals when I first got serious (about 6 months ago) had nothing to do with losing the weight.  I made the goal-- get rid of the processed food; then eat twice as many veggies; then eat fruit instead of dessert; then exercise for 30 minutes every day; finally I started making weight loss goals.  I know you just want it gone, truly I do.  But you put your body through the marathon of child birth twice in 2 years.  You need to take it slow and steady and all weight loss starts in the kitchen...... I have this sentence on my fridge:  Lose weight in the kitchen, get fit in the gym.

erika9009
by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:09 PM

way to go

Keep at it........................

Don't stop.............................

That sweet dress you have been wanting is going to go on sale that day you hit your goal.

If it will help, find someone who can hold you accountable to your weight and/or workouts.  It has to be a someone who won't listen to your excuses or someone you go hang with drinking wine.

DisabledVet
by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:20 PM

I lost several hundred pounds when I stopped dieting. I only eat when hungry. I also have no off limit foods. You need regular meals other wise you'll just gain everything back.

GranoliGirl
by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:27 PM

It takes a long time to lose weight, so let's just start with that.  You are not being realistic if you think the pounds are going to come off immediately.  Keep going and the weight will come off eventually.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 21, 2014 at 7:29 PM

These ladies have some good advice....hugs and good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)