Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

So ive been working out for over a week. had a LO 7/14/2014. I know its 6 weeks next week but i just want this weight gone. This past week i have been super hungry and hating it. struggling to keep busy and not eat. tired of eating carrots lol. I walk every day and have started working out. I am having a hard time setting a goal calendar wise and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I keep wanting to wake up and see it gone because i have worked so hard and not cheated but nothing is happening. I know im supposed to give it time but when i set a goal it seems so far away and i tend to give up. any advise?

Aydin - 4lbs 6oz - 2-6-05 Chevelle - 10oz - 9-16-08RIP Jonathan Jr. - 8lbs 2oz - 9-5-09

Trevor - 8lbs 9z - 1-7-13   ~   Theodora - 7lbs 12oz - 7-14-14

by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 2:04 PM
Replies (11-13):
bry36
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:46 PM

I keep my goals in 5 or 10 pounds chunks . it took my hormones almost a yr after I had my son to be normal again and I tried everything to lose weight that 1st yr and NOTHING nothing worked but I didn't give up .I had gained 103 pounds during my pregnancy but my hard work and determination paid of right at like 13 months PP 50 pounds just dropped off in like a super Short period of time like a couple  months at most . I hadn't changed anything I was doing but bam it was gone and the rest by the time my son turned 2 

DisabledVet
by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Quit focusing on the scale. I bet you have more energy and your clothes are a bit more loose. Throw your scale out and focus on the positive. Make smaller goals rather then one huge goal.

mkmb129
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:12 AM
Accept that it is going to be a long journey, that you will have good and bad days, and that every step counts towards your ultimate goal. I pick small goals. 5-10lbs at a time. Focus on better good choices and being active instead of the scale if the number gets you down. Sometimes I ignore the scale for weeks at a time. And if you stumble, get up. Don't beat yourself up, pick yourself up. You can do it. Time, patience, dedication.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN