Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Hummus??

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:36 PM
  • 58 Replies
I've never had it. In fact I always looked at it like it was gross.. do any of you ladies eat it and what flavors do you like. Do you make your own hummus? I just recently found out it only pureed chic peas with other ingredients.
by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newmommy430
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this
It's pretty good. You can eat it with crackers or with cut veggies, like celery or carrots. I don't eat it often, but it's a healthier alternative to ranch dip for a veggie platter.
liveforever
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I love it! I havent tried making my own, but found a lot of good flavors. Original is always good, as well as roasted red pepper and spinach/artichoke. Cilantro jalapeƱo is my favorite.
MzKhan86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 7:08 PM
I'm going to try to make my own tomorrow with red kidney beans.
katiebug840204
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I love roasted garlic hummus! Yummo
Moms_Angels1960
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't like the plain hummus and found some spinach artichoke stuff I kind of like.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:41 PM
I used to love it, but it doesn't mesh with being Paleo. :-( Legumes cause inflammation, which leads to bloating.
MzKhan86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:49 PM
What is Paleo?

Quoting ReadWriteLuv: I used to love it, but it doesn't mesh with being Paleo. :-( Legumes cause inflammation, which leads to bloating.
emtgirl885
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:51 AM
I like hummus. I have not tried making it
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Aug. 21, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Its a lifestyle that is consists of eating natural, completely grain free, and as much organic, locally sourced food as possible. Several of us here are Paleo, most notably Rhonda, who posts a ton of recipes.

No beans/peanuts, no dairy (other than cheese because by the time cheese becomes cheese the lactose is removed so it's really only dairy in name), no corn, no wheat, no soy, and nothing processed or containing cane sugar.

Quoting MzKhan86: What is Paleo?
Quoting ReadWriteLuv: I used to love it, but it doesn't mesh with being Paleo. :-( Legumes cause inflammation, which leads to bloating.

bluerooffarm
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I love it and make my own.  I like roasted garlic and/or roasted red pepper.  yummy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN