Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
I've never had it. In fact I always looked at it like it was gross.. do any of you ladies eat it and what flavors do you like. Do you make your own hummus? I just recently found out it only pureed chic peas with other ingredients.
by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Replies (51-58):
gracie0221
by Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Love Hummus! I like spinach artichoke, roasted garlic and pine nut

Kautz
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I plan on it. I'll have to try it sometime with black beans too since we love those as well. I'm going to wind up having a library of hummus recipes until I find one we really like.

Quoting MzKhan86: Ha ha ha that's cute. I Google how to make hummus or hummus recipes. That's how I learned

Quoting Kautz: My kids and I love it! We especially love the roasted garlic kind. My two year old will grab the pita chips, the little tub of hummus and try to run away with it. Usually she's closely followed by our 12 year old who wants their snack back (my little one uses a few pita chips to eat all her hummus up then tries to run off with her sisters). I need to learn how to make it.
MzKhan86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 12:52 PM
That's cool. I just got some groceries today. I don't care who eats and who doesn't lol. It's time for mommy to take care of herself. I just bought my first pack of hummus. I bought roasted garlic. I'm going to make homemade plantain chips. I got some Greek yogurt. I don't get enough protein or barely get to eat. Smh. I'm going to bake some boneless chicken. I'm thinking french fries onion baked chicken with salad or spinach idk yet.

Quoting Kautz: I plan on it. I'll have to try it sometime with black beans too since we love those as well. I'm going to wind up having a library of hummus recipes until I find one we really like.

Quoting MzKhan86: Ha ha ha that's cute. I Google how to make hummus or hummus recipes. That's how I learned

Quoting Kautz: My kids and I love it! We especially love the roasted garlic kind. My two year old will grab the pita chips, the little tub of hummus and try to run away with it. Usually she's closely followed by our 12 year old who wants their snack back (my little one uses a few pita chips to eat all her hummus up then tries to run off with her sisters). I need to learn how to make it.
bluerooffarm
by Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry, I've been away!

Soak your chickpeas (or any bean you already like) overnight.  Then boil them for about half an hour.  While they cool...I take 4-5 red bell peppers and quarter them.  Toss them in the broiler turning them regularly until the skins are blackened and blistrery.  Toss them in a paper bag.  While those cool, puree you beans in a food processor or blender adding some of their cooking water and (about a quarter of the amount of beans) tahini paste, some minced garlic, couple teaspoons of lemon juice, dash of salt and pepper and blend until it's really thick and spreadable.  Rub off the black skins from the peppers, chop or dice depending on what you want to do with it (I chop for wraps and dice for dips) and stir them into the hummus.  Reffrigerate for about an hour to let the flavors mix.  

Quoting momto1ryen: How do you make it? I love roasted red pepper.
Quoting bluerooffarm:

I love it and make my own.  I like roasted garlic and/or roasted red pepper.  yummy!

MzKhan86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks I going to try that.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Sorry, I've been away!

Soak your chickpeas (or any bean you already like) overnight.  Then boil them for about half an hour.  While they cool...I take 4-5 red bell peppers and quarter them.  Toss them in the broiler turning them regularly until the skins are blackened and blistrery.  Toss them in a paper bag.  While those cool, puree you beans in a food processor or blender adding some of their cooking water and (about a quarter of the amount of beans) tahini paste, some minced garlic, couple teaspoons of lemon juice, dash of salt and pepper and blend until it's really thick and spreadable.  Rub off the black skins from the peppers, chop or dice depending on what you want to do with it (I chop for wraps and dice for dips) and stir them into the hummus.  Reffrigerate for about an hour to let the flavors mix.  

Quoting momto1ryen: How do you make it? I love roasted red pepper.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I love it and make my own.  I like roasted garlic and/or roasted red pepper.  yummy!

Kautz
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 7:20 PM
That's great! I hope you like it as much as we love it. I love Greek yogur, my favorite is the blended Greek yogurt by Yoplait. Take care of yourself Sweetie, we mommas need to remember that we need to be taken care of too.

Quoting MzKhan86: That's cool. I just got some groceries today. I don't care who eats and who doesn't lol. It's time for mommy to take care of herself. I just bought my first pack of hummus. I bought roasted garlic. I'm going to make homemade plantain chips. I got some Greek yogurt. I don't get enough protein or barely get to eat. Smh. I'm going to bake some boneless chicken. I'm thinking french fries onion baked chicken with salad or spinach idk yet.

Quoting Kautz: I plan on it. I'll have to try it sometime with black beans too since we love those as well. I'm going to wind up having a library of hummus recipes until I find one we really like.

MzKhan86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 8:56 PM
Thanks hun... I got the yoplait Greek 100 calorie yogurt.. great minds think alike.

Quoting Kautz: That's great! I hope you like it as much as we love it. I love Greek yogur, my favorite is the blended Greek yogurt by Yoplait. Take care of yourself Sweetie, we mommas need to remember that we need to be taken care of too.

Quoting MzKhan86: That's cool. I just got some groceries today. I don't care who eats and who doesn't lol. It's time for mommy to take care of herself. I just bought my first pack of hummus. I bought roasted garlic. I'm going to make homemade plantain chips. I got some Greek yogurt. I don't get enough protein or barely get to eat. Smh. I'm going to bake some boneless chicken. I'm thinking french fries onion baked chicken with salad or spinach idk yet.

TEIMSfamily
by Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I love garlic hummus with bell peppers and carrots. I love black bean hummus as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)