Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New and needing advice

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 12:47 PM
  • 5 Replies

I need some advice and hopefully someone here can help me. I need to set up a home workout plan. I'm 225 lbs right now. I've lost 45 so far, but I need to move my workout inside the house. I also want to step it up a bit since all I've been doing is a walk/brisk walk plan. My goal is to drop 90-100 lbs total. I want to try to end up with as little excess skin from the weight loss as possible. I'm not looking for 6 pack abs or anything like that. No mircales. I just want to feel good about myself again.

I have one hour in the morning and one in the evening that I can workout. I need it to be a workout plan, dvd mix, etc that works with a knee problem (I broke my knee while I was in the Army and ever since anything with heavy impact just kills it). What I'm thinking of doing is mixing up something like Walk Away the Pounds with a Cardio option a few days a week and on the other days do the Walk Away with a Yoga option. I'm just not sure what Cardio would be good.

Any advice at all?

by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MzKhan86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:05 PM
I was just going to tell you Leslie Sanson walk away the pounds with resistance bands.. maybe some pilates as well. You said yoga.. pilates is almost like yoga. Mari Winsor has a new dvd with resistance stuff for $60. I even want it. Lol. I can't afford it right now and I don't have a dvd player I workout using my tablet. Lol. My mom did walk away the pounds and used the elliptical. She lost weight. She has bad knees and had surgery years ago for torn ligaments from doing tae bo. Take it easy don't strain yourself and best of luck. Congrats on your weightloss.
HomesteadMomma
by New Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much! I know part of my knee issue right now is the added weight. If I can drop the weight the strain will come off. Thanks for the advice!

MzKhan86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:34 PM
No problem hun and good luck.

Quoting HomesteadMomma:

Thank you so much! I know part of my knee issue right now is the added weight. If I can drop the weight the strain will come off. Thanks for the advice!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 21, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Have you considered work out videos from Jillian Michaels?  She's awesome.  Good luck!

emtgirl885
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 7:37 PM
Hugs, you can do it! Awesome job with the weight loss!

You can do...

Leg lifts
Calf raises
Upper body strength moves
Step ups
Bike riding...low ground, no hills
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)