Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How are your workouts going these days?

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 5:01 AM
  • 29 Replies

Are you getting into a new routine after kids starting school?  Same old routine?  New workouts, new gym?

by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 5:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Flaca43
by Shana on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:34 AM
My children go to school next week, but I always try hard in the morning before the little ones wake up. They like to exercise with me and get all over me. Then the dog gets in my way other times. It's a bit frustrating. I did what I could this morning and I'll try more later on.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Good for you!  It's SO hard for me to workout in the morning, even though I'm a morning person.  My son gets up super early...between 5:30-6:30, so I'd have to workout at 4:00 in the morning...then take care of my son and his needs, then go work a 9 hour day!  UGH!  LOL!

Quoting Flaca43: My children go to school next week, but I always try hard in the morning before the little ones wake up. They like to exercise with me and get all over me. Then the dog gets in my way other times. It's a bit frustrating. I did what I could this morning and I'll try more later on.

MomRocs1102
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Good after i get ds off to school I like for dd to take her morning nap(because she wakes up so early), but lately she hasnt been taking it so i suck it up and work out with her up.  Its 30 mins a day 7 days a week.

Djinn83
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Pretty good. Journaling my workouts has motivated me to increase my reps.

sunday I hit legs so hard I nearly puked. Seriously. Now my glutes feel like I'm sitting on two cannon balls. Haha. Atleast they look good despite the pain. Lmao!

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a gym buddy!!

I've been looking for one FOREVER and saw this girl with an Isagenix cup (I've been wanting to try their protein but want to have a real conversation with someone who uses it and works out) so I stepped out of my "I don't talk to anyone" box and started a conversation.  We realized we both have the same goals at the gym so now we're working out together!!  Very happy about this becuase over the past three days she has really helped me to push myself (I'm very competitive and CAN'T SHOW WEAKNESS!!!) plus, it's really nice to have someone right there with you.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:30 PM

not that great here.

We moved in June and though I've tried to stick to calories... I've had quite a few off days and as for work outs...I have gone from doing a LOT of zumba and some barre classes and a bit of strength stuff to...almost nothing. I'm still trying to find a new zumba home and I want to try a gym by me that is supposed to be great...but they do not do drop in classes at all and they would allow me to sign up for a week- but they want 45 bucks for it. Their regular rate is like 75 a month - SO I have not tried it yet. *we are still recovering from the move and then my daughters wedding that we had to go back to NM for in July- so we have not had any "extra" money lately.  I really really miss my zumba studio in NM :(

I have tried one instructor here- but it's definitely different- bright lights, and people running around the top of the gym, so they can see us which bugs me. I have been to her class 3 times and she has never even said hello or anything (though no one else has really said anything at all to me either). She just comes in and starts dancing- no introduction or thanks for coming or anything at all like that. TOTALLY different than what I'm used to.  I want to like it...but eh. I'll probably try a different person either Thursday or next week (but it would be the same room at the same place. They do drop in's for 6 bucks there)

Alyson121
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Workouts have been going great.  I've changed up the "yoga only" routine with a bit of dance and pilates again.  I'm loving it. 

gracie0221
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Trying to get back into a school routine is hard enough, lol. getting up at 6:45 is rough when we were used to sleeping in till 10am. I have been working out almost everyday, but still trying to get on a routine. 

lapcounter
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 7:26 AM
I am still working out 6 days a week, mostly in the gym but Tuesday I do core work at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mkmb129
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Good!  The last couple of weeks my eating hasn't been as good, but my workouts have been mostly on treack, I could use more weights.  I've exceeded my goal of running 75 miles this month (at 76), with 4 running days left (one is a day off).  Next month I'll aim for 100 miles. I need to add more walking back in, though.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN