Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Paleo Plantain Chips!!!

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:59 PM
  • 19 Replies
I found this recipe online. I wanna try it. I thought I'd share it with you ladies in case you wanted to try it as http://fedandfit.com/2013/04/28/paleo-plantain-chips/
by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 26, 2014 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, those sound good!

MzKhan86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 6:22 PM
I know right. I'm slowly trying to transition to paleo. I have a recipe for sweet potatoe fries too (paleo).

Quoting michiganmom116:

Wow, those sound good!

MzKhan86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 6:23 PM
http://www.tessadomesticdiva.com/2012/10/paleo-oven-baked-sweet-potato-fries.html

Quoting MzKhan86: I know right. I'm slowly trying to transition to paleo. I have a recipe for sweet potatoe fries too (paleo).

Quoting michiganmom116:

Wow, those sound good!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 26, 2014 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

WARNING:  Once you transition to paleo and get a taste of real food, you won't want to go back!  LOL

My kids tried "regular" pancakes after eating the paleo versions for a few weeks.  "BLEH" was their comment.

Quoting MzKhan86: I know right. I'm slowly trying to transition to paleo. I have a recipe for sweet potatoe fries too (paleo).
Quoting michiganmom116:

Wow, those sound good!

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:23 PM
You kinda turned up your nose the other day when I mentioned that a few of us here were Paleo, and you'd never heard of it. What made you change your mind?
MzKhan86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 6:48 AM

Mobile Photo

If I turned my nose up it was because I saw this picture and saw that I eat, wheat bread, brown rice, beans and I use 1% milk in coffee and oatmeal. I wouldn't even know what to eat at that point. I am interested because I want to eat much more healthier. Occasionally I like bread, beans and brown rice. Although, the week started I have had rice or bread but I have had high fiber oatmeal and a little milk in the coffee.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv: You kinda turned up your nose the other day when I mentioned that a few of us here were Paleo, and you'd never heard of it. What made you change your mind?
MzKhan86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 6:51 AM
I would love to hear any food advice. I'm very new to it but I've read only good things about it.

Quoting MzKhan86:

Mobile Photo

If I turned my nose up it was because I saw this picture and saw that I eat, wheat bread, brown rice, beans and I use 1% milk in coffee and oatmeal. I wouldn't even know what to eat at that point. I am interested because I want to eat much more healthier. Occasionally I like bread, beans and brown rice. Although, the week started I have had rice or bread but I have had high fiber oatmeal and a little milk in the coffee.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv: You kinda turned up your nose the other day when I mentioned that a few of us here were Paleo, and you'd never heard of it. What made you change your mind?
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Aug. 27, 2014 at 7:03 AM
1 mom liked this

If you changed your oatmeal to ground nut meal with flax or chia seeds, and changed your milk to unsweetened almond or coconut milk, you'd have a Paleo breakfast that is very much like the one you ate, but without sugar or inflammatory agents.

You can eat cheese btw. Cheese has little to no lactose, just try to look for cheese from non-rbst treated cows, and buy organic when you can.

Quoting MzKhan86:

Mobile Photo

MzKhan86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 7:43 AM
So you can find ground nut meal in the store right? Do you use Stevia in replace of sugar?

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

If you changed your oatmeal to ground nut meal with flax or chia seeds, and changed your milk to unsweetened almond or coconut milk, you'd have a Paleo breakfast that is very much like the one you ate, but without sugar or inflammatory agents.

You can eat cheese btw. Cheese has little to no lactose, just try to look for cheese from non-rbst treated cows, and buy organic when you can.

Quoting MzKhan86:

Mobile Photo

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 27, 2014 at 7:49 AM

If you have a food processor, you can make your own nut meal from almonds, pecans, cashews.  I buy organic almond meal and coconut flour from Amazon or a local bulk food store.

Stevia...that's a tricky question.  If you buy those stevia packets from the store, they're not pure at all...avoid them.  If you can find crushed stevia leaves, those are okay.  I use raw honey or real maple syrup for sweetener, sometimes I'll just use fruit to sweeten.

Quoting MzKhan86: So you can find ground nut meal in the store right? Do you use Stevia in replace of sugar?
Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Quoting MzKhan86:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN