Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Plateau advice!

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:39 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hi ladies! I've been counting points with an app like weight watchers since Mother's Day. I've been working out which is going well. But now, I've plateau'd at 20 lbs. I've tried more cardio and more walking, and watching my carbs, but still stuck. Any ideas? 

by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OMGLasersPOWPOW
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Do you count calories?
maryjean427
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 7:01 AM
No, I count points.
bluerooffarm
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:37 AM

More of the same cardio?  More of the same walking?  Try changing it up altogether.  Biking, swimming, a weight-carrying hike? Something that will burn some more calories.   Or reduce your points for a week or so. (I am totally unfamiliar with points, but when I hit a "plateau" I will reduce my calories and up my protein for a week.)

BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:05 AM

I would change up your work out if at all possible. I am not much help...I have gained weight...and cannot for the LIFE of me figure out why

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:07 AM
Are you eating enough for how much you're working out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ERMDK
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:07 AM
2 moms liked this
Are you doing any weight training at all? If not, you should add some. Also, drink A LOT of water. Then drink some more!
I need to go get my water. I've hit a plateau, too, but I just changed my goals for now. Instead of telling myself I need to lose x pounds by a certain date, I'm training to run my first half marathon in October, but I'm doing a lot more than just running. In the past week, I've been to classes for flow yoga, kickboxing, and a core workout. I needed to change my focus for a bit.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Plateaus are common.  You need to drastically change something for a day or few, just to boot your body into weight loss mode again.  You can try some HIIT, go very low carb for a day or two, etc.

bry36
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I was just saying on another post when I plateau I have a binge day I know that sounds crazy but it always seems to shock my system and get things moving again 

maryjean427
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 7:40 PM
What is HIIT?

Quoting michiganmom116:

Plateaus are common.  You need to drastically change something for a day or few, just to boot your body into weight loss mode again.  You can try some HIIT, go very low carb for a day or two, etc.

almburr
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Lift weight and do HIIT training. Weightlifting builds muscle. Lean muscle mass requires more energy. So it burn fat faster than cardio.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN