Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

My husband thought it was all his fault..

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:32 PM
  • 8 Replies
I've been catching up on biggest loser. He would watch bits and pieces. One day he came to me and said, it's all because of me isn't it? I asked him what he meant. I didn't start gaining weight until after I married him. We had been married for a little over a yr when we moved to FL. We moved due to the military. That's when the weight came on. I reassured him that it wasn't because of him. It was due to not being active and eating the wrong foods. There are more things that factor into it, but it was never all because of him.
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
RKL10
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:44 PM
I also gained more when my husband deployed but I am an emotional eater and I have no family here so I had to do everything with my daughter when he was gone
somuchlove4U
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:52 PM
The funny thing is when they deploy that's usually when we try to lose some weight. I just couldn't stick to a diet. Plus when I was on a diet I was still hungry.

Quoting RKL10: I also gained more when my husband deployed but I am an emotional eater and I have no family here so I had to do everything with my daughter when he was gone
OMGLasersPOWPOW
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 1:35 PM
That's a strange conversation!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 30, 2014 at 6:41 AM

Hugs mama!

somuchlove4U
by Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 9:13 AM
lol It was. He thought that he had stressed me out so bad that it caused me to gain weight. I had to reassure him that that wasn't the case. I let him know that I have never blamed him. He seemed to feel better after that.

Quoting OMGLasersPOWPOW: That's a strange conversation!

mkmb129
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 4:16 AM
I tend to lose when mine is gone. He's been gone 2.5 months this time and I've lost 20. I plan to lose 10 more before he returns, and not let him cause weight gain when he gets back. It's not all my husband's fault, but he's so lazy and eats crap and encourages me to eat poorly with him.. misery loves company, I guess! But ultimately it's no one else's fault. We make our own choices.
MzKhan86
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:20 AM
I used to eat a lot. As I got older not even stress can make me eat. Depression and stress actually causes me to not eat so when I'm stressed and depressed I lose weight. Not in a good way. I think the only time I eat a lot is if I smoked some you know what 😂😂 which I don't do so....
Djinn83
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:20 AM

I always hit the gym harder when my husband is deployed. We usually have a hot body/hard body competition while he is gone, since he hits the gym a lot while in theater as well. 

I'm a big fan of home workouts, but it's also nice to drop the kids off at CYS on post and release some frustration in the post gym. I would do this every couple of months. And to my surprise, the kids enjoyed the socializing time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)