Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Protein Shakes!!

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 5:08 PM
  • 12 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I usually make my own shakes with spirutein protein powder but I can't get to the health food store. If you know me I can't get to eat enough to get in some protein. I went to Duane Reade where they advertised this drink 2 for $9. I bought it to try it. If you ever had Special Ko protein drink, it tastes almost like that but not so creamy. It says compare to ensure. I know some of you wouldn't drink it because of what your diet may entail but I had to give this a try. It tastes good to me and if I wanted to add a banana or maybe even some peanut butter for some added nutrition.
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MzKhan86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 5:09 PM
This shake is better than the one I get from Aldi's.
N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Nice! I always order a brand called sun warrior. I like it because it doesn't have soy or whey protein. It's made from sprouted rice, which I find easy to digest. It's nice because it's also alkalizing, if you are into that. I did an alkaline diet for a while and it really helped clear up some health issues.
MzKhan86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
When I compare the one from Aldi it has so much more sugar, not enough protein or fiber. This is going to be good to drink after a workout. Just perfect. Lol.

Quoting N_maricle: Nice! I always order a brand called sun warrior. I like it because it doesn't have soy or whey protein. It's made from sprouted rice, which I find easy to digest. It's nice because it's also alkalizing, if you are into that. I did an alkaline diet for a while and it really helped clear up some health issues.
MzKhan86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:52 PM
When I compare the one from Aldi it has so much more sugar, not enough protein or fiber. This is going to be good to drink after a workout. Just perfect. Lol.

Quoting N_maricle: Nice! I always order a brand called sun warrior. I like it because it doesn't have soy or whey protein. It's made from sprouted rice, which I find easy to digest. It's nice because it's also alkalizing, if you are into that. I did an alkaline diet for a while and it really helped clear up some health issues.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 30, 2014 at 6:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for sharing!

MzKhan86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 7:06 AM
Of course :)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Thanks for sharing!

offrdngal
by Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I get my shakes at Walmart.
MzKhan86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 7:21 AM
Ooooo la la. How much are they? I love chocolate lol. Just the one my mom buys has too much sugar and not enough protein. Thanks for sharing that ;)

Quoting offrdngal:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

offrdngal
by Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 7:29 AM

I believe they are $8.99 for a 4pack (they just raised the price, so I'm not exactly sure).  There is no dairy in these shakes.  They also come in Vanilla, so you can change it up.  There is no funky taste with these shakes...my cat loves it too!!  :)

Quoting MzKhan86: Ooooo la la. How much are they? I love chocolate lol. Just the one my mom buys has too much sugar and not enough protein. Thanks for sharing that ;)
Quoting offrdngal:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

MzKhan86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Ha ha ha about your cat.

Quoting offrdngal:

I believe they are $8.99 for a 4pack (they just raised the price, so I'm not exactly sure).  There is no dairy in these shakes.  They also come in Vanilla, so you can change it up.  There is no funky taste with these shakes...my cat loves it too!!  :)

Quoting MzKhan86: Ooooo la la. How much are they? I love chocolate lol. Just the one my mom buys has too much sugar and not enough protein. Thanks for sharing that ;)
Quoting offrdngal:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN