Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

exercise dvd

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:57 PM
  • 14 Replies
Has anyone tried any of Shaun T' s workouts? Or any others that are fun? I have been checking some out from the library and so far they are either too advanced or too slow and awkward. I don't want to spend my first few days tripping over myself trying to learn moves and not getting a good workout. I walk several times a week and do weights a few times a week but I need something for bad weather days and sometimes something extra for days I feel energetic. Suggestions? And please tell me a little about it. Thanks.
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:04 PM

If you are a beginner, I recommend Leslie Sansone's dvds, I like the 5 mega miles dvd it comes with a resistance band but only 2 of the miles use it, it has a good variety and isn't like you feel like dying while doing it...she does walking workouts.  I think Shaun T's videos look hard... It depends on how tough you want your workout... also I like Chris Freytag's dvds, her newer ones are harder than her ones with Prevention fitness. 

mom23heathens
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:49 PM
I'm intermediate. I just can't take a lot of up and down. I like to be on my feet OR on the floor. I tried plyometrics on p90x and loved it but it was borrowed so I had to give it back.

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

If you are a beginner, I recommend Leslie Sansone's dvds, I like the 5 mega miles dvd it comes with a resistance band but only 2 of the miles use it, it has a good variety and isn't like you feel like dying while doing it...she does walking workouts.  I think Shaun T's videos look hard... It depends on how tough you want your workout... also I like Chris Freytag's dvds, her newer ones are harder than her ones with Prevention fitness. 

SparklyCoffee
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:15 PM
I love insanity. I have t25 but it just wasn't doing it for me. body pump is good for me for weights but that is less mils.
mom23heathens
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:26 PM
What's the difference between t25 and insanity?

Quoting SparklyCoffee: I love insanity. I have t25 but it just wasn't doing it for me. body pump is good for me for weights but that is less mils.
almburr
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Not a fan Of Shaun T. I prefer Chalene Johnson- turbofire, ChaLEAN extreme, turbojam, PiYo.
awilson2112
by on Sep. 24, 2014 at 12:05 AM
I like the videos from the 21 day fix. They are good for any skill level. (No, I'm not a beachbody coach) :)
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 24, 2014 at 5:37 AM

Shaun T is a great workout coach...Insanity and T25 are great workouts!

ABueb
by Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 8:47 AM
I like Jillian michaels DVDs. I have a few. Sometimes her talking is motivating but other times I mute her and blast my pandora!
MommyC57
by Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I love Shaun T's workouts.  Insanity is a more advanced program.  T25 is a better start because they show you how you can modify during the workout.  And each workout is only 25 minutes long.  There's a new Tony Horton program, P90 that is great for beginners. 

MzKhan86
by on Sep. 24, 2014 at 10:48 AM
I've done it but I didn't complete it because I'm currently on Jillian Michael's. I'm not a fan of Leslie Sanson. Personally she's too slow. I didn't loss weight with her after pregnancy. I started Jillian Michaela 30 day shred and I lost weight pretty fast. Sometimes I did it one time in the morning and at night or if I had time because I had a new baby I would do it then do 30 min of cardio. Jillian hasn't let me down yet. I know everyone is different. They have banish fat boost metabolism on YouTube its Jillian Michael's I believe it's 45 min I think that might be good for you. It's definitely a workout and in my opinion it's not too fast or not to slow.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)