• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What makes you feel like a kid again?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:26 AM
  • 14 Replies

Is there anything that makes your daily stress just disappear. Something that makes you feel happy, carefree and almost like a kid again with no worries in the world?

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

For me it is dancing. I love music and I love to dance. I have music on in my house all the time. Earlier, I heard a song on the radio that I haven't heard in years on one of those throw back stations. I stopped what I was doing and just started dancing. Moving and grooving and laughing. I don't know what came over me but at the time I was just enjoying myself and not thinking about the laundry that needed to be done or the bills have to be paid. For a few minutes I just felt carefree.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

playing with the grandgirls, just being goofy.  Who do you think taught my oldest grandgirl to jump on the bed?

playing in puddles in driveways and parking lots....yes, I do, much to the dismay of my 14 yr old DD

skipping through the store....I get some odd looks but WHO CARES?  it's fun  Just this weekend at Home Depot I was stepping on and hopping from one to the other on the colored leaves they'd taped to the floor as decoration.  DD just rolled her eyes.

yeah, I'm a big kid at heart.  When I turned 40 I realized that life's no fun if I can't express my inner child.  Don't hold back!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I love dancing!  My kids think I have to be the weirdest yet most fun parent in the world because I'll dance right with them.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

For me it is dancing. I love music and I love to dance. I have music on in my house all the time. Earlier, I heard a song on the radio that I haven't heard in years on one of those throw back stations. I stopped what I was doing and just started dancing. Moving and grooving and laughing. I don't know what came over me but at the time I was just enjoying myself and not thinking about the laundry that needed to be done or the bills have to be paid. For a few minutes I just felt carefree.

michiganmom116
1 mom liked this

singing along with the music!

michiganmom116

Food fights....no biggie, we have dogs to clean up the mess.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

water gun fights in the summer....great way to cool off both physically and emotionally!  We had a 4th of July BBQ several years back in which the PARENTS got involved in the kids' water fight.  We had so much fun!

Cafe MichelleP
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:40 AM
2 moms liked this

I jump on the bed with my son all the time. He has a low platform bed and he LOVES to jump on it. I'll do it with him too. I guess I am making up for all the times I got into trouble for doing it when I was a child..haha

I think it is great they you allow your inner child to come out and play. If is too short to be so serious all the time.

Quoting michiganmom116:

playing with the grandgirls, just being goofy.  Who do you think taught my oldest grandgirl to jump on the bed?

playing in puddles in driveways and parking lots....yes, I do, much to the dismay of my 14 yr old DD

skipping through the store....I get some odd looks but WHO CARES?  it's fun  Just this weekend at Home Depot I was stepping on and hopping from one to the other on the colored leaves they'd taped to the floor as decoration.  DD just rolled her eyes.

yeah, I'm a big kid at heart.  When I turned 40 I realized that life's no fun if I can't express my inner child.  Don't hold back!

SlightlyPerfect
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Giggling with DH over something really immature.
aidensmomma508
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

We made candy apples on Halloween it was so fun I felt like a kid 

Cafe MichelleP
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh that is a good one. My DH does that all the time. He will read or watch the most ridiculous non adult thing and laugh until he is red in the face. And of course laughter is infectious so I end up laughing at him.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: Giggling with DH over something really immature.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)