Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you keep on track during the holidays?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:05 AM
  • 4 Replies

If you travel during the holidays or host out of town guests, how do you stay on track with your workouts and clean eating?

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Other than the fact that I spend more money than usual and we're ridculously busy at work to the point that I come home and flop on the floor from exhaustion, November and December are really no different than other months to me. Our families are too far away to see spend the holidays together.

bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:22 AM

I'm always up early.  My parents have started really sleeping in since retirement.  So I get up and take a long walk around the neighborhood.  

I can put in my calories at mfp on hubby's phone, so it keeps me in check.

But mostly, we go back home.  The animals can't fend for themselves for long.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:26 AM

It's hard when traveling.  I know what foods my in-laws will serve, so I have to choose the foods that will cause the least damage.  MIL knows by now what I can/cannot eat, and she's pretty good about seeing that I have something I can eat.

Workouts?  Skipping a day or two won't set me back.

Pukity
by Noreen on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:52 AM

I'll spend with my in-laws but I will wake up early, do my workout most of the days, and controling what I eat I talked with my MIL and showed her my recipe for a healthier version of turkey and she agreed with it, so I'll cook that one and the rest of things that I know I have to limit, I will eat them but a super small portion. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)