Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 day squat challenge?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:44 PM
  • 11 Replies
Have you done it? Did you get good results?
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Yes and no.  Once you learn which exercises can do what, and proper form - then you know that there is no reason to do more than 150 squats a day. I guess if you were doing it for cardio and just starting out anything could "work".

MzKhan86
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Yes I did 100 squats with 5 lb and 9 lb dumbbells. Every 3 days I took a break. It lifted it a little and toned my legs and butt.
Djinn83
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2014 at 1:54 PM

This. You want an awesome butt? Squat heavy. Deadlift heavy. Lunge heavy. 

Quoting mybratsmom:

Yes and no.  Once you learn which exercises can do what, and proper form - then you know that there is no reason to do more than 150 squats a day. I guess if you were doing it for cardio and just starting out anything could "work".

jupiter5
by Member on Nov. 26, 2014 at 1:57 PM
What does that mean? I want to do that!!

Quoting Djinn83:

Quoting mybratsmom:

jupiter5
by Member on Nov. 26, 2014 at 1:58 PM
Tell me more I am so in!!

Quoting MzKhan86: Yes I did 100 squats with 5 lb and 9 lb dumbbells. Every 3 days I took a break. It lifted it a little and toned my legs and butt.
Djinn83
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2014 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

It means to add weight. Doing 100 body weight squats isn't going to give you a butt. Get some dumbells and squat heavier, not more. 

Quoting jupiter5: What does that mean? I want to do that!!
Quoting Djinn83:

Quoting mybratsmom:

jupiter5
by Member on Nov. 26, 2014 at 2:05 PM
Do you add weight in your hands or some kinda belt? Would a kettle bell work?

Quoting Djinn83:

It means to add weight. Doing 100 body weight squats isn't going to give you a butt. Get some dumbells and squat heavier, not more. 

Quoting Djinn83:

Quoting mybratsmom:

Djinn83
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Yes. Google front squat or goblet squats. But those are usually quad dominant unless you go ass to grass (deep squat). Back loaded barbell squats are better for hamstring and glute activation.

Dead lifts are the best butt and hamstring exercise. You can do it with dumbells. Google Romanian deadlift. 

Quoting jupiter5: Do you add weight in your hands or some kinda belt? Would a kettle bell work?
Quoting Djinn83:

Quoting Djinn83:

Quoting mybratsmom:

Djinn83
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2014 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Ultimate booty workouts.

goblet squat. Go ass to grass. 

Deadlift- pull up using your hamstrings.

Split squat. Adjust stride length. Wider hits more glutes. Shorter hits quads

jupiter5
by Member on Nov. 26, 2014 at 2:22 PM
Thank you!!

Quoting Djinn83:

Yes. Google front squat or goblet squats. But those are usually quad dominant unless you go ass to grass (deep squat). Back loaded barbell squats are better for hamstring and glute activation.

Dead lifts are the best butt and hamstring exercise. You can do it with dumbells. Google Romanian deadlift. 

Quoting jupiter5: Do you add weight in your hands or some kinda belt? Would a kettle bell work?

Quoting Djinn83:

Quoting Djinn83:

Quoting mybratsmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)