Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Starting juice fast today...

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:20 PM
  • 20 Replies

So please, I don't want any list of reasons why I shouldn't be going on a juice fast. I have done plenty of research and have everything planned out to do it in a healthy manner. I am really hoping to see and feel great results! I am aiming for 30 days, but might extend it a little bit, but we'll see. Then I planning to slowly ease back into healthy eating habits. Right now, I'm overweight, out of shape, and suffering from several health conditions, so looing forward to seeing some changes....

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Let us know how it goes. Good luck.
all2gethernow
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Which juice fast???
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

good luck with that.

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Which one are you doing? My uncle was really unhealthy and did the one from that documentary - he's doing so much better now but it was a tough struggle to stay true. Good luck!
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
There is no healthy way to do a juice fast, because it simply isn't healthy. Period. You are going on a diet of sugar water.

Sorry, not going to support you on this one.
Djinn83
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Health issues + 30 day juice fast. What could possibly go wrong?

good luck. When it doesn't work, and you gain all your weight back and more, please don't give up. Try a more healthy approach. 

ambervergara
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:16 PM

I am doing mainly vegetables, not fruits. ANd yes, plenty of people have done it before with no negative health concerns.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv: There is no healthy way to do a juice fast, because it simply isn't healthy. Period. You are going on a diet of sugar water. Sorry, not going to support you on this one.

ambervergara
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:19 PM

I have an autoimmune disease that is aggravated by certain foods. I am going to detox mu body and fill it full of nutrients for 30 days. A ton of veggies, some fruit, and added protein. Ans when I'm done I plan on doing a slow transition back to healthy foods, and incorparting plenty of excercising. Don't worry I will keep you posted with my results.....

Quoting Djinn83:

good luck. When it doesn't work, and you gain all your weight back and more, please don't give up. Try a more healthy approach. 

ambervergara
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:21 PM
Yes, I am basing mine off the documentary....I know it will be tough tho!
Quoting mybratsmom: Which one are you doing? My uncle was really unhealthy and did the one from that documentary - he's doing so much better now but it was a tough struggle to stay true. Good luck!
Djinn83
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Then that's neither a juice nor a fast.

a fast is little to no food/calories. What you are doing is a veggie/fruit/protein smoothie diet. Not a juice fast. 

As long as you are getting your adequate intake of micro/macro nutrients and calories, it doesn't really matter in what manner you get them. Throwing a bunch of veggies into a blender is no different than eating them intact.

Quoting ambervergara:

I have an autoimmune disease that is aggravated by certain foods. I am going to detox mu body and fill it full of nutrients for 30 days. A ton of veggies, some fruit, and added protein. Ans when I'm done I plan on doing a slow transition back to healthy foods, and incorparting plenty of excercising. Don't worry I will keep you posted with my results.....

Quoting Djinn83:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)