• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:17 PM
  • 13 Replies

are some of the best ways that has helped you lose weight? I am looking for ideas. I need to lose about a good 30 to 40lbs. 

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:20 PM

For me, when my goal was to lose, diet was everything.

mama2b100808
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:21 PM

What kind of diet?

Quoting mybratsmom:

For me, when my goal was to lose, diet was everything.

Djinn83
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Eliminating highly processed foods and HFCS is probably the first place you need to start.

mama2b100808
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:00 PM
I have started that. Thanks

Quoting Djinn83:

Eliminating highly processed foods and HFCS is probably the first place you need to start.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Diet.  I eliminated processed foods including bread, cereals, pasta, refined sugars, and switched to whole foods.  I also follow a much lower carb diet than most people eat, but one that's packed with nutrients.  As a result I'm not as hungry and don't need as much food to be satisfied.

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:35 PM
Find exercise you love! If it's running , dancing , Zumba, tennis. DO IT!! if you don't like what your doing you won't continue it.
mama2b100808
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Thank you that sounds great.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Diet.  I eliminated processed foods including bread, cereals, pasta, refined sugars, and switched to whole foods.  I also follow a much lower carb diet than most people eat, but one that's packed with nutrients.  As a result I'm not as hungry and don't need as much food to be satisfied.

mama2b100808
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Thank you! I do love dancing.

Quoting jendawn1: Find exercise you love! If it's running , dancing , Zumba, tennis. DO IT!! if you don't like what your doing you won't continue it.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:53 PM

I agree!  I play with my teens, swim, run wind sprints with them.  They love it!

Quoting jendawn1: Find exercise you love! If it's running , dancing , Zumba, tennis. DO IT!! if you don't like what your doing you won't continue it.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

There is no secret. There isn't a magic pill, shake, or meal in a box that will make you wake up in the morning 10 pounds thinner. It's all about hard work and commitment. It really is hard work, and it's hard work that you have to be consistent with in order to get anywhere. 

You get out of your journey what you put into it. Results just don't randomly appear, you have to EARN them. Every muscle cut on my body was paid for in sweat. Every inch lost around my waist was done so by saying no to a lot of the foods everyone around me eats. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)