• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doing it for real this time! Pics included!

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:33 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have tried before and failed, but this time I gotta do it! I'm almost 35 and I'm not getting any younger! I've been married for less than a year and I've been putting weight on since we got into a relationship. I'm not happy with myself and that has to change! I'm kicking off with a 30 day juice fast, then will slowly transtion into healthy eating habits and working out. Starting off at 172 lbs. a lot of flab, and a big pooch! Eventually hoping to get down to a least 135!

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lebowski98
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:23 PM

I think that you look great, but I applaud you for getting back into the game!  I wish you nothing but luck on your journey!

MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Dec. 29, 2014 at 3:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep I'll be 37 next year and want to get down to 138 lbs. I do low carb though and not fasts.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 29, 2014 at 7:58 AM

I was 45 before I found what worked for me.

How was your first day?

kellly
by on Dec. 29, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Good luck to you and hope you succeed. Don't be too hard on  yourself bc I think you look fine and would be happy to have your pooch. I am 43 and have let myself go and am way over the 200 mark.  Started my low carb today and checking out a gym this week, my dd is doing it with me but she only wants to lose 15 lbs though she looks fine where she is. I sucketh at diets and exercise and while my dh of 24 yrs loves me at any weight and makes me feel sexy at 258, it is not healthy and I never want to be on meds.  I wish much success for you and for you to get to a size and shape you are happy with.

kellly
by on Dec. 29, 2014 at 8:57 AM

What worked for you? You are Paleo aren't you? I made the apple, sausage rice pilaf for Thanksgiving and it was really good.  

Quoting michiganmom116:

How was your first day?

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 29, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Paleo/primal diet & lifestyle is what worked.  I do eat lower carb than most people, around 60g/day, sometimes more, sometimes less.  My health improved soooo much before I even lost the weight that I have absolutely no desire to change.  The foods are tasty, our grocery bill is lower, I spend less time in the kitchen than ever before, and I don't have to count calories or points.  Soooo EASY!

Quoting kellly:

What worked for you? You are Paleo aren't you? I made the apple, sausage rice pilaf for Thanksgiving and it was really good.  

Quoting michiganmom116:

How was your first day?

ambervergara
by Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 1:51 PM
Quoting michiganmom116:

How was your first day?

ambervergara
by Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 2:00 PM

It was a lil rough! I got pretty hungry and felt kinda blah in the evening, had a headache too. I know that that is to be expected the first few days, so dealing with it. After 30 days, I plan on transitioning into AIP Paleo.  

Quoting michiganmom116:

How was your first day?

kellly
by on Dec. 29, 2014 at 2:05 PM

I had an egg with 1/2 pc hard thin sliced cheddar and 3 pcs turkey bacon for breakfast, celery and pb mid morning and a romaine/spinanch salad with tuna/avocado/cheese/tomato and cucumber with ranch for lunch and we are having mahi mahi fish with broccoli for dinner. I drink almond milk unsweetened, coffee with whipping cream and water. I'm trying to keep my carbs below 50 and while I eat dairy, trying to limit it to small amounts. I don't want to get into the habit of eating specfic low carb food bc it is usually crappy food.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Paleo/primal diet & lifestyle is what worked.  I do eat lower carb than most people, around 60g/day, sometimes more, sometimes less.  My health improved soooo much before I even lost the weight that I have absolutely no desire to change.  The foods are tasty, our grocery bill is lower, I spend less time in the kitchen than ever before, and I don't have to count calories or points.  Soooo EASY!

Quoting kellly:

Quoting michiganmom116:

How was your first day?

ambervergara
by Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Yesterday I had 6 glasses of various juice combos. I will be trying to cut down a lil and do more veg only less fruits once I adjust a little more. I was feeling prettty hungry a but irritable and lacking energy in the evening but expecting that to get better with time. I am feeling less bloated than normal already. Now maybe I will start looking less bloated, lol....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)