Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Starting to get discouraged.

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:09 PM
  • 16 Replies

I started (again) my journey on Dec 1, 2014. I started out at 241 and to date have only lost 3 lbs. I am getting so discouraged. I get up in the mornings and walk 2-3 miles. I like to get it done in the mornings before work. Our afternoons are very hectic sometimes!

I bought a fitbit flex and I love it. I use it daily and most days get 12,000+ steps. I usually stay within my calorie budget (TRY really hard!) Usually I do it though!

I am just at a loss for what to do? I have lost weight before...that's what makes it so discouraging. In Jan 2006, I started watching what I ate (not even counting calories, just cutting portions) and walked 3 miles a day. I lost 80 lbs (270 to 190) from Jan-Aug 2006 (so 7 months!) I got pregnant with my daughter in Aug.

From May-Aug 2011, I lost 35 lbs...I know that I can lose weight, I just don't know what is going on now!

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I use a fitbit flex and also use myfitnesspal.

2009sig.gif picture by fredregillc

by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:16 PM
Hi did you get you bmr done on here or just going by what mfp says?
What kinds of foods are you eating. It does get a bit hard to loose weight the older we get too .you may need to up your workouts.
DandMsMommy
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:33 PM
I just go by mfp. I don't know how to do BMR.
I eat a lot of fruits and veggies. Not much processed foods.
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:15 PM
OK your probably not eating enough.
If you give your weight height age and activity lvl . Someone on here Can give you your proper bmr :)
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh and don't be discouraged . Loosing weight is HARD. You got this and will be here for you! !
MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Jan. 1, 2015 at 5:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Low carb--sugar affects insulin and insulin is a growth hormone, reduced sugar/carb intake, less insulin=weight loss

MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Jan. 1, 2015 at 5:25 AM

myfitnesspal app is great!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 1, 2015 at 7:04 AM

You might not be eating enough food.  What's your height, weight, age, and number of days you workout?  I can help you with your BMR:)  Keep going!

amantonacci
by Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 7:39 AM

I've been getting discouraged as well lately. With the holidays though I know I haven't been tracking my calories as closely as I should be, so back on to diligent logging for me

j3st3r
by on Jan. 1, 2015 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Take pictures of yourself! Seeing the change in pictures can be so motivating when there's no change on the scale.
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jan. 1, 2015 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

1 pound a week is pretty standard weight loss. I don't think you are too far off track. You can't expect Biggest Loser results, that isn't realistic. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)