Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My journey from fat to fit weight loss journal **UPDATED 1/31/2016**

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2015 at 6:50 PM
  • 130 Replies
2 moms liked this
Link to old journal: http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/1111/forums/read/19053609/Alexis_Journey_to_Self_Love_ETA_Measurements?next=251

So I've had a weight loss journal before and kept up with it quite well however I wasn't really focused and motivated on becoming a better me. It's another year and I want to do better and be better physically, mentally and emotionally.

I gained the majority of my weight before I got my PCOS diagnosis 7 years ago. My cycles stopped and I gained 20 lbs in 5 months which put me at 180 lbs. It's the biggest I've ever been in life and I never want to see that number on the scale again unless I'm pregnant with multiples lol

I'm 5 ft 2 inches tall and my goal weight is 120-125. I struggle with emotional eating, binge eating, IBS and PCOS. I am not on any meds for the PCOS at the moment.

So my overall goals this year are to lose 55 lbs, drink more water and exercise more. I also plan on working on me mentally and emotionally as well.

Sorry for the long winded post. Hope the New Year brings you everything you're looking for! :)

☆☆UPDATE☆☆ 1/31/2016 - I can't believe it's been 6 months since I last posted in this journal. Life has been so hectic. Working 2 jobs, school, my 11 year old and my boyfriend is a lot to deal with. I'm contemplating quitting my 2nd job so that I can start going back to the gym.

I weighed myself earlier today and I'm 175 meaning that in 6 months I've gained 10 lbs. Not the worst but not good either. Ready to start this again and this time I'll succeed!
by on Jan. 1, 2015 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizfnf
by Liz on Jan. 1, 2015 at 6:51 PM
I love my fitbit! It encourages me to get moving every day.
SexyDiva19
by Group Admin on Jan. 1, 2015 at 11:18 PM
Where did you buy it?

Quoting lizfnf: I love my fitbit! It encourages me to get moving every day.
lizfnf
by Liz on Jan. 1, 2015 at 11:57 PM
My husband works for Bayer and they gave them out to everyone. I know they were on sale on amazon before Christmas though. I bought one for my mom.

Quoting SexyDiva19: Where did you buy it?

Quoting lizfnf: I love my fitbit! It encourages me to get moving every day.
SexyDiva19
by Group Admin on Jan. 2, 2015 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm up for work and I'm still tired but luckily today is Friday so we're right back off Saturday and Sunday. Breakfast this morning is cereal (Special K Vanilla Almond). I got my BMR calculated and the number I'm currently eating (1400) is too low so I'm raising it to 1540 and wwe'll see what happens. Have a good day everyone.
kajira
by on Jan. 2, 2015 at 10:09 AM

I have PCOS too - so I can understand... Hoping your blood work comes back normal!

Retrokitty
by Member on Jan. 2, 2015 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck!

Keep in mind type of calories are super important!

1500 of processed calories will for sure cause gain. These are things like fast food, packaged snacks (granola bars, fruit cups, low cal desserts)
Where as 1500 of clean calories will set you up better for loss :)
SexyDiva19
by Group Admin on Jan. 2, 2015 at 12:55 PM
Thanks. What issues do you have?

Quoting kajira:

I have PCOS too - so I can understand... Hoping your blood work comes back normal!

SexyDiva19
by Group Admin on Jan. 2, 2015 at 1:04 PM
Yea I know. I'm eating healthier foods but I'm also allowing myself to eat the foods I love just in moderation. I found a lost of clean foods on Pintrest that was very helpful.

Quoting Retrokitty: Good luck!

Keep in mind type of calories are super important!

1500 of processed calories will for sure cause gain. These are things like fast food, packaged snacks (granola bars, fruit cups, low cal desserts)
Where as 1500 of clean calories will set you up better for loss :)
kajira
by on Jan. 2, 2015 at 1:28 PM

I have a low thyroid, anovulatory cycles, PCOS (i.e. cystic ovaries) and endometrosis.

Quoting SexyDiva19: Thanks. What issues do you have?
Quoting kajira:

j3st3r
by on Jan. 2, 2015 at 1:37 PM
2 moms liked this

I am 5'2" and currently weigh 161, down from 174.6 in November

I also use MFP and I have a Polar heart rate monitor.

For me, nothing changes unless I modify my eating.  I follow the 21 Day Fix meal plan.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)