Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's too early and too cold

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:03 AM
  • 18 Replies

Windchill is at zero this morning. And I'm not in the mood to stare at the treadmill. I guess I'll go beat up bob for while (boxing dummy) to get in some cardio. 

What's your workout for the day? What do you do when it's too cold to go outside (even to go to the gym)?

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:09 AM

I plan to pop in a video.  Thinking of trying a Jessica Smith strength training video.  

Any snow?  It's cold and snowy here.  Blah!  Why didn't I move farther south?

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:09 AM

I hear ya on the subzero temps...our windchill is below zero this morning.  Yuck.

When it's too cold to workout outdoors -- and I don't go to the gym -- I have a Gazelle, a weight bench, and Insanity DVDs to get the sweat on.

Djinn83
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:17 AM

Not until this weekend, and even then it's a slight coating. The wind here is brutal. Otherwise our winters would be tame.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I plan to pop in a video.  Thinking of trying a Jessica Smith strength training video.  

Djinn83
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:18 AM

Tomorrow it's supposed to 20, but with this brutal Great Plains winds, negative 4 windchill. Damn wind.

all my weight stuff is in my garage. Too cold even with the space heater. My bar feels like ice and will rip my skin off. Lol.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I hear ya on the subzero temps...our windchill is below zero this morning.  Yuck.

When it's too cold to workout outdoors -- and I don't go to the gym -- I have a Gazelle, a weight bench, and Insanity DVDs to get the sweat on.

norahsmommy
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:20 AM
I'm shoveling a 60x12 driveway today with 5 inches of snow. That's good enough :).
bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:20 AM

We got 3 inches over night and it's still coming down.  :-(

Quoting Djinn83:

Not until this weekend, and even then it's a slight coating. The wind here is brutal. Otherwise our winters would be tame.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

almburr
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:22 AM
Up at 4! Super cold outside. but went into Beast Mode. Chest and Tris.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:22 AM

We're due to get 6 - 10 inches of snow tonight.  We HAD NO SNOW as of 5 days ago! 

I'm done with winter already.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

We got 3 inches over night and it's still coming down.  :-(

Quoting Djinn83:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

svolkov
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:23 AM
Shoveling lol cleaning. I can't go to gym bc dd has a cold.
Djinn83
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:23 AM

That feeling after a brutal tricep workout and you try to wash your hair, but your arms don't want to raise above chest level. Haha

Quoting almburr: Up at 4! Super cold outside. but went into Beast Mode. Chest and Tris.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)