Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Water, Water Everywhere

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:58 AM
  • 85 Replies

Drink plenty of water to stay Healthy and Hydrated!

Drinking at least 64oz of water a day is recommended. Drinking half your body weight in ounces is preferable to keep your body hydrated. Drinking water is vital to weight loss and over all health.
Here is why:

• Water flushes toxins out of our vital organs.
  • Lack of water can lead to dehydration. Dehydration will make you tired, draining your energy levels.
  • Drinking water helps control your between meal cravings
  • Energizes your muscles
  • Keeps your skin hydrated which allows us to maintain a youthful appearance
  • Maintains healthy bowel function

Drinking water can be boring especially when there are so many other not so healthy but favorful options to choose from. Here are a few ways to make your water fun and favorful.

Using fresh fruits such as citrus, berries, pineapples and melons will nicely flavor water. You can also spice up your water by using fresh herb such as mint, sage, thyme, rosemary, basil and lavender. If you really want to infuse your water with flavor, you can experiment with different fruit and herb combinations. If you prefer your water plain, just adding a lot of ice makes water easier to drink. You can even freeze your glasses for that extra frosty chill!

How much water do you drink a day?
Do you infuse your water with flavor?
How much water will you drink today?
What other beverages do you drink to stay hydrated?

Super Mom

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:22 AM

I prefer flavored water. 

cemcnair
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:23 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

This thing never leaves my side! 90% of what I drink is water, and I love it plain.
In the summer, I like to infuse with lemons!
Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:23 AM

I heard on one of the morning shows just this morning to drink two glasses of water before each meal.  This makes sense and would get the recommended amount of water.  I try to drink 6 glasses a day but don't always succeed. I drink one cup of coffee, and a half glass of cranberry juice, besides water. I don't infuse, but I have a friend who drops slices of oranges and lemons into her water pitcher for a nice light beverage.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:24 AM

How do you clean the inside of your container?

Quoting cemcnair:

Mobile Photo

This thing never leaves my side! 90% of what I drink is water, and I love it plain. In the summer, I like to infuse with lemons!

cemcnair
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:25 AM

Mobile Photo

I also love celestial seasonings tea :)
Add a little honey for sweetening and it's my favorite morning drink.
cemcnair
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
In the dishwasher.

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting cemcnair:

Mobile Photo

This thing never leaves my side! 90% of what I drink is water, and I love it plain.
In the summer, I like to infuse with lemons!

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:28 AM

I like being able to do this! I've hesitated about using bottles or containers because I couldn't figure out a way to make sure they were clean on the inside.

Quoting cemcnair: In the dishwasher.
Quoting Bmat:

Quoting cemcnair:

Mobile Photo

This thing never leaves my side! 90% of what I drink is water, and I love it plain. In the summer, I like to infuse with lemons!

.JuneDiva629.
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:35 AM

I usually drink 4 glasses of water a day. Sometimes more. Today I already drank one glass.

I also drink...milk and juice.

acbbsmama
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:42 AM
I try to drink at least 64oz of water daily. I drink it plain or add Crystal Light Lemonade flavor.
bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I clean mine with a bottle brush and then put it in the dishwasher.  With the wide-mouths like the one pictured, you can look inside and see them and reach in and feel under the lip which is the only place you can't see.

Quoting Bmat:

I like being able to do this! I've hesitated about using bottles or containers because I couldn't figure out a way to make sure they were clean on the inside.

Quoting cemcnair: In the dishwasher.
Quoting Bmat:

Quoting cemcnair:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)