Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fitbit charge HR?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:04 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have been thinking about getting this once I heard about it....and now its out.  My heart rate monitor is a pain in the butt and it hasn't been working that well.  I know that when I use one, I work out better. 

Is anyone else considering upgrading?

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SparklyCoffee
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:07 PM

I have the Surge and REALLY love it. 

M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:14 PM

Quoting SparklyCoffee:

May I ask why you got the surge?  I'm thinking that if I wanted to get that one, i might as well get the galaxy watch. KWIM? 

SparklyCoffee
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:45 PM

Because I also run and I wanted the GPS feature that the Surge has. I dont need to be able to take calls from my watch. I like the notification option on the Surge though, its a nice bonus. I love fitbit products so I replaced my running watch with this one. I love all it does. 

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting SparklyCoffee:

May I ask why you got the surge?  I'm thinking that if I wanted to get that one, i might as well get the galaxy watch. KWIM? 

SparklyCoffee
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:47 PM

The galaxy watch is not a fitness watch. The fitness aspect comes from an app you have to use. I feel like using a fitbit device would be more accurate because that is waht they are made for. Does the Galaxy watch have a heart rate monitor?

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting SparklyCoffee:

M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:48 PM

That GPS is a good feature.  I agree that I really don't want to take calls or have that access on my watch.  I love fitbit and it does help me.  I just wish it looked a little nicer if it's going to be that big. 

Quoting SparklyCoffee:

Because I also run and I wanted the GPS feature that the Surge has. I dont need to be able to take calls from my watch. I like the notification option on the Surge though, its a nice bonus. I love fitbit products so I replaced my running watch with this one. I love all it does. 

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting SparklyCoffee:

SparklyCoffee
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:50 PM

Its really not that big. I have small wrists and have gotten use to it quick. I have also had a few compliments on it and they didn't realize it was a fitbit. LOL. Yes, its bigger than the flex but its grown on me. LOL

Quoting M4LG5:

That GPS is a good feature.  I agree that I really don't want to take calls or have that access on my watch.  I love fitbit and it does help me.  I just wish it looked a little nicer if it's going to be that big. 

Quoting SparklyCoffee:

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting SparklyCoffee:

M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:51 PM

There are a couple that do.  There is one that is $299....but I don't want to pay that much for something like that. 

Quoting SparklyCoffee:

The galaxy watch is not a fitness watch. The fitness aspect comes from an app you have to use. I feel like using a fitbit device would be more accurate because that is waht they are made for. Does the Galaxy watch have a heart rate monitor?

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting SparklyCoffee:

SparklyCoffee
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:52 PM

Oh, I didnt see those I guess. 

I guess I just really like fitbit so stuck with them. I haven't been disappointed yet! 

Quoting M4LG5:

There are a couple that do.  There is one that is $299....but I don't want to pay that much for something like that. 

Quoting SparklyCoffee:

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting SparklyCoffee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)