Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugghhh I am even more out of shape than I thought.

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:30 PM
  • 24 Replies

Ok I already know I am out of shape.  Seriously my only exercise is walking 8 yo to and from school and household duties but I I thought I could do 20 minutes of  light cardio.  Not even close.

I have a roku channel called allfit (I think) so I decided to try a cardio program on it.  This is Ten pound weight loss cardio.  Now I knew going in I wouldn't be jumping, running or anything with a lot of bouncing.  I need a much more supportive bra before I do all that.  The last time I bought a new bra (after 4 yo's milk came in) I was a 44 DD.  Those bras are no longer as supportive as they once were.

Now this cardio has a cardio segment, overall body tone, corset ab and then I think cool down and stretch.  There might have been another section too.    She reccomends doing the cardio program 4 times a week and her toning or another toning or strength program 3 times a week.

Well 10 minutes in I was reduced to just basiclly side stepping, marching in place etc.  15 or 20 minutes in just walking around.  I couldn't even come close to keeping up in the other sections.  She probably did 4 reps to my 1 rep. The whole thing is 1 hour.

I did the whole hour the best I could but am discouraged and disappointed in how I did.  I am debating sticking with her program (I like her variety) or finding an easier one to begin with and working up to this.  What would you do?

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZombieChicken
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:33 PM
Continue. Every day you'll be able to go a little longer. Push for just 2 minutes or whatever you feel comfortable with.
hillmom
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:36 PM
Good job pushing play!

We all have to start somewhere. You totally rocked it! Why, because you didn't stop. Sure you had to modify, and a lot more than you wanted to, but you kept moving. That is a HUGE win!

I say stay with it. Take some before photos, measurements and note when you had to start modifying or walking. Keep track of that information. Each week you will be able to look back at your progress. You will get stronger, and you will have motivation on hand to keep going.

You CAN do this!
lizfnf
by Liz on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:44 PM
Continue! I recommend Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. Shorter time and it's varied and easy to modify. Keep up the good work and remember it will only get easier from here!
MyNameIs-
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:45 PM
You sound just like me. I look decently fit but as soon as I start a workout, I'm out of breath and I end the workout feeling so discouraged. I'm starting to do simple yoga and pilates just to build up some confidence. A little exercise is better than no exercise.
bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:53 PM

Keep putting one foot in front of the other.  You'll do more next time. 

My favorite saying is....one day your current workout will be your warm up.  Go get 'em!

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:56 PM

I say keep going.  You already like the program - it's just a lot, for right now.  So just keep going.  When I first started lifting weight, I started out just going thru the motions, with no weights.  I'm pretty sure everyone at the gym thought I looked like a moron but now I'm pushing and pulling weights with the men.  Slowly but surely we get better.  Best wishes to you - keep moving!!

Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 3:43 AM

Thanks for the support.  I like the idea of keeping track of my progress.  I probably won't be exercising on the weekends.  I can't/won't exercise around dh.  Whenever I set a goal or try something and he knows it he turns into the male version of my mother.  Not a good thing.  She could and he does shoot my confidence straight to hell when I am trying something new or different.

So I will do this when he is not home.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 7, 2015 at 4:44 AM

Keep going mama....it will get easier each day!  Great job!

Pukity
by Noreen on Jan. 7, 2015 at 6:17 PM

What I did, when I tried Jillian MIchael's body revolution and the modified versions and I found out it was too much for me, I decided to go out and walk for 30 minutes, now I understand that right now the weather doesn´t allow that, you may try something else, like a zumba video or yoga for beginners for a week or 2 or you may continue with this program and do the full hour the best that you can, as long as you are moving and you feel your heart rate is up you are burning calores.

hang in there, over the time it will get easier for you. but you have to keep doing something.

An0nymous1
by New Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 6:50 PM
It will get easier, just keep moving forward!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)