Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No More Belly Fat

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:13 AM
  • 60 Replies

No More Belly Fat

One of the most common questions in weight loss, is how to get rid of the belly. 
The answer is simple. You get rid of belly fat through proper diet and exercise.

The one thing to understand is that not all body fat is the same. Meaning that where you carry fat matters.
If you carry weight around your abdomen, the health risks are greater than carrying weight in the hips and thighs area.
Belly fat is stored deep under the surface and surrounds the liver and abdominal organs. This stored fat is linked to a higer risk of diabetes and insulin resistance.

The best way to avoid dangerous fat around the belly is to cut out or cut back on food and drinks containing calories from fructose such as energy drinks, sodas, sports drinks and coffee drinks.

Sugary processed foods like sweets (doughnuts, candy, cakes etc..), cereal, and muffins also fall into that catergory.
Cutting out sugary food and drinks will lead to a slimmer waistline and healthier you. 

If you are craving something sweet, reach for a piece of fruit instead.

Do you keep fresh fruit on hand?
How often do you indulge in things high in sugar?
How do you combat the 'sweet tooth'?

apple

by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2b100808
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:25 AM

Oh yes I have to have fruit in my house. Usually a banana helps me sweet tooth. I try not to indulge in high sugar. 

cemcnair
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:30 AM
Fruit is a great way to curb sweet tooth! Also, I've found that after a week or two of no sugary treats, I don't crave them anymore.
Mrs.Elsey8486
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:32 AM

I try to, but my kids eat it lol.

Way to often, /i have the worst sweet tooth, and weakness for sweets.

I would like to have more fruit around to eat in place of it, but fruit does not last in my house.

Crashmonster1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:32 AM

This is where I find myself failing A LOT I eat super clean and I keep fresh fruit handy so I can always grab some but for some reason late in the evening night time all I want is crappy crappy processed foods.  This is a habit I need to break last night I did not allow it to get me hopefully tonight I will have the same resolve to avoid it again. 

buttercup24
by Jenna on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:37 AM
I cut the soda and sweets out completely. I have been doing good. We always have fruit in the house, my 5 year old lives off fruit LOL. It has helped with the sweet cravings. If it gets really bad I will enjoy one piece of dove dark chocolate.
lanceandhailey
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:41 AM

Yes, we have banana's, apples, strawberries, blueberries and cuties on hand right now.

We have one cheat day a week, nothing too crazy. Helps with cravings and keeps us from getting burnt out.

stcy79
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:48 AM
I do eat and keep fruit in the house but that's not always what i want. I like chocolate so i will make fat free, sugar free pudding or i fo have a fudge bar with only 5g of sugar and no fat. I'll also take bite of the kids candy, lol just to get my fix.

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:54 AM
We always have lots of fruit. I try not to eat sugary things very often. I dont drink soda or energy drink though. That made a big difference.
lovingmy4babies
by Deborah on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:57 AM

I have fruit in my house all the time because I do a green smoothie every day and I have 4 kids. The smoothies usually keep my sweets cravings in hand, but when I just HAVE to have something, it's going to be dark chocolate, or just a small bit of something I really REALLY love. I don't indulge in soda or sugary drinks anymore either. It's just not worth the cravings afterward. I always want more!

acbbsmama
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:57 AM
I've drastically reduced the amount of sugar I ingest. I've cut out all soda. My only vice is my cappuccinos. I started drinking the smallest size and I've cut back on the frequency.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)